Message Backup Not Working to Transfer to Android

Ron Kern

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I can take a hint and am attempting to switch my wife and my 950's to Google Pixel 2 XL's. I would like to transfer the 50,000+ MMS/SMS texts I have and found a well reviewed Android app to do so:

Import SMS from Windows Phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smsbackup.leonardocezary.smsimporter.pro

The app requires you back up your messages using either Windows Phone apps: Transfer My Data or Contacts+Message Backup, but both have issues.

Contacts+Message Backup computes for a little bit than closes not writing any files to the location on the SD card in the phone. (I have a 32gb 950 and I installed a freshly formatted 64gb SD card in it). The app displays "looking for items to backup ..." and about 20 seconds later closes down.

Transfer My Data does not give me an option to write to an SD card like it did once upon a time on prior Windows Phones.

Any ideas on how to write out a file to be used with the Android app?

JDOlywa

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I used contacts+message backup just this week to make the transfer from wm10 on my Elitex3 to Android, and then to iOS. It worked fine. My HP did not have it installed, and I downloaded a fresh copy from the Windows store. I had to transfer the .msg file to a computer first, and then to the android phone. All 9500 messages transferred from WM10 to Android to iOS except for the pictures. I used the Android App referenced above to make the transfer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos