Is this Andromeda Revealed? Copper Harbour

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
The Verge has an article on Intel's work on new dual screen form factors under the name "Copper Harbour"

I suspect this may be the hardware side of Andromeda, What do you guys think?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/18/17993690/intel-computer-concept-copper-harbor-tiger-rapids-dual-screen-pc-prototype

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's not an andromeda prototype or anything like that. But it's a similar form factor, and i'm sure Microsoft and Intel are actively discussing the form factor and Andromeda Core OS. That said, I haven't heard anyone reliable say that the Andromeda hardware that has been developed is anything but Qualcomm.

Last edited:

ghce

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I suspect its a bit like King Canute trying to hold back the tide.

The idea is so mainstream now with Samsung and now even INTEL flipping the idea and prototypes out, it sought of becomes inevitable that a dual screen folding phone will be in our pockets or hands within the next year to 2 years, just a question of will MS take the risk (as MS are wont to do historically) or Samsung.

Hope its not to far away, just in case it is I bought a 2nd 950XL should the current one expire in this waiting period.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I read this same article too. It isn't actually Andromeda, but it was interesting and shows that not only MS are looking at dual screen computing devices as the future. It's just a matter of who will be the first to market.

Typically, if it's MS, it's rushed and half-baked and ultimately gets cancelled, whilst competitors release the same product, only streamlined and working. Like MS should have done to start with.

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
I think Intel is just showing it can work, I suspect MS is trying to change the OS so it will make full use of the form factor. Just banging Android other OS onto it probably wont work as well. Andromeda OS (as I understand it) will take data from the hinge positions and how the device is held to present the user with the most useful display or function. Can't get that right now in off the shelf Android (or Windows for that matter)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros