Outlook email and calendar flash and return to the tiles without activating

DH Mason

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
Lumia 929 have rebooted but still cannot get function from email and calendar. Information available on PC and have had no syncing problems. Any fix?

ben81

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The same issue here. Since the latest update 2 days ago both mail and calenedar apps fail to start on my Lumia 830. Today I pulled old lumia 730 from the drawer, booted it up and found out that both applications worked there. Then I let the latest updates of both apps install just to find out that even on the Lumia 730 they are both failing.

Insterestingly it seems that on my wife's Lumia 950 both apps are still working. The only issue she had after those updates was that Mail indicated 50+ unread emails. But they are still working.

If they do not fix these apps soon (why would they since these older phones are out of warranty?) it seems I will have to buy an android phone finally. Since what is a smartphone which cannot handle emails and calendar good for?

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with my L830 and random other apps are taking more than a minute or two to load especially MSN News. But all these apps work faultlessly on my Android phone. Hardly a surprise.
I actually have an email from Microsoft offering me £60 off if I want to upgrade a variety of hardware. Easily opened and read on my Android but can't get near it on the L830. Classic Microsoft!

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is not "actively being supported" by Microsoft, which means these updates are not really tested let alone optimised for older phones. Only the phones such as the 950, 950 XL, Elite X3 will see some what more focus in terms of "optimisation".

If you wish to stick with WM10 then these are your only best bet at present, despite the fact the hardware of older Lumias such as the Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520 still work flawlessly.

I have two Lumia 930s and both work (but definitely no longer daily driver useable), albeit both are not going to get anything beyond the anniversary update however it does get security updates. Wether or not they are optimised for the L930 is another story entirely.

nakalat

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Not so for my L 830. Outlook email and calendar crashed yesterday and have not been able to revive. Was there a recent update to W10 or the apps that caused this? My attempt at updating returned confirmation that "latest updates installed".

Bob

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I've just checked and found they still weren't working on my L830. With nothing to lose I tried the old faithful Switch Off The Phone And Wait A Minute. Switched it back on and both are working again, for now at least. I finally got to read all the emails from yesterday that I'd already found on my Android phone where Microsoft apps work perfectly. I prefer WP and my Lumia to any other phone I've had, or any new phone I could buy but couldn't risk using it as my main phone ever again. Such a shame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12