Advice for Migrating from AT&T to T-Mo

deuce01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I'm moving my family plan from AT&T to T-Mo and will be moving an L950 and L830 along with it. If there are any of you out there that have done the same and have advice on potential pitfalls I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
Deuce

deuce01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm hoping. My concern is wether all my text messages will disappear or not. They're not critical, but I do have to search them from time to time to find old info.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Your call and SMS logs should not be affected since they're stored by your phone and not the SIM. If you want to play it safe download one of the SMS/Contact backup apps from the Store.

As for the service, it of course depends on where you live but having switched from Ma Bell to T-Mobile a few years ago I can tell you that you'll be relieved to see a stable bill every month. It's the only reason I left, it would fluctuate $20-30 every month and I would waste an hour of my life every month on the phone with CS to get it straight.

Good luck.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If you get AT&T perks on those two Lumias (meaning HD Voice/VoLTE) expect to lose that functionality once you activate them on T-Mobile. I am assuming you have the AT&T variants of the 950 and the 830...

deuce01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The 830 is at&t branded but the 950 is an unlocked dual-sim. Neither have VoLTE or HD voice. I'll back things up before i switch over.

Thanks to you both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb