How many people do you think still use W10 Mobile?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Less than 1% of smartphone users so like 0.4%. I think we have a mix of users: 1) This is their preferred choice so it still works for them and 2) Users that cannot afford a new phone so they are willing to do workarounds to keep things working.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I personally know of 2 people, myself and one of my customers in Indiana. Keep in mind I know lots of people. I use W10M because I never really liked android, I despise Google, prefer W10M over alternatives and don't use a lot of apps. Nowadays, I hate Google more than Apple, so it will be a tough choice when my 950XL dies. My Indiana customer is not tech. savvy and has no clue he's using a Windows Phone. To him it's a generic smart phone that's easy to use and just works.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
My 640 stays home all day and waits for me, but it's always charged and ready to go. My friend however is still on WP8 and is happy, but she is aware of the current apps situation and support ending

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Less than 1% of smartphone users so like 0.4%. I think we have a mix of users: 1) This is their preferred choice so it still works for them and 2) Users that cannot afford a new phone so they are willing to do workarounds to keep things working.

If you believe the statistics, there are about 225 million smartphone users in the US alone. Factor in that .4 percent and you're looking at almost one million - just in the US. Windows was more popular in Europe so that number may be double. The percentage looks minuscule but the overall number is what really matters. If I said less than one tenth of one percent of the world's population was (insert anything here), you'd think it was a tiny blip on the screen. But if the subject were sexual predators, you'd be freaking out knowing it was almost one million.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
HoosierDaddy;[URL="tel:3769003" said:
3769003[/URL]]Based on Libra89's percentage estimates and the estimated 2+ billion smart phone users, the answer would be less than 10 million.
That’s still a lot of people. Ten million is almost the combined population of New York City and Miami combined. Frankly, I’m amazed it’s that high to begin with considering how ineffective the OS has become and people’s addiction to smartphones.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That’s still a lot of people. Ten million is almost the combined population of New York City and Miami combined. Frankly, I’m amazed it’s that high to begin with considering how ineffective the OS has become and people’s addiction to smartphones.
I don't think the total amount ever completely tanked. As folks left some became new adopters. It's a trend line of slowing dropping over a long period of Time as of late. Plus the count could include like many of us who have 2-3 or more devices with out a sim card in that we boot up regularly and check for updates. So the term "user" of a Windows phone should be used loosely.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Everything and apps seem to be breaking down fast...

True. I have been doing/using Windows Phones as a hobby and daily use for over 4 years. They are usable, but as soon as you need something that has been proven, tried and true for mobile, your best bet is to get an Android. An iPhone for me is out of the question, and thankfully I have not and do not rely on anything they offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3