I don't have a phone line so I use cordless phones that connect to my 950xl by bluetooth. However, since I have these phones, I can no longer talk to Cortana, it's like it's trying to listen through the cordless phones, but their mics are off, so it just doesn't hear anything. Only workaround I found is to disable bluetooth for the time I want to talk to Cortana and then re-enable bluetooth.

Is there a way for Cortana to listen through the phone's mic whether it's connected to a bluetooth device or not?

Or is there a way I can get to talk to Cortana through the cordless bluetooth phones? I don't know how or if I can open Cortana from the cordless phones themselves.

Thanks
    01-03-2019 02:14 PM
    There is an option in the Cortana's configuration that sais "Use another audio channel to speak with Cortana while using Bluetooth" or something similar. I think that can be the key.

In my case, I have a similar problem when I use Cortana with the car Bluetooth and I'm gonna try this option to check if it's the point.
    01-05-2019 11:32 AM