When I hit Cortana and say "text Tom Smith" I can try to dictate a message but sometimes Cortana will take a short sentence out of it. Like if I say "I'll try to be there in the morning" it would return "I'll try to be there." before I even finish the rest and no matter how many times I try, I won't get the full sentence unless I change the wording. However, if I'm in the messaging app and touch the microphone, it will dictate perfectly. Anyone getting this?
    01-09-2019 10:00 PM
    When I hit Cortana and say "text Tom Smith" I can try to dictate a message but sometimes Cortana will take a short sentence out of it. Like if I say "I'll try to be there in the morning" it would return "I'll try to be there." before I even finish the rest and no matter how many times I try, I won't get the full sentence unless I change the wording. However, if I'm in the messaging app and touch the microphone, it will dictate perfectly. Anyone getting this?
    To be honest there has been an decline in Cortana's fuctionality over time.

There is one facet that most people do not think about let alone understand that this reduction could be something behind the scenes be it financial constraints or something that has global ramifications on a scale unseen.

I doubt it's financial constraints as Microsoft is not particularly strapped for cash, if it's something that's been mandated by the bean counters thus reducing productivity over time... that is just poor fiscal policy.

If it is not financial related than it has to be something else entirely.

Before I get to that, I want to point out something when it comes to voice interaction and intelligence.

Take Tay for instance trolls, soured her experience of the world and thus made her react in such a negative manner (mimicry) that Microsoft had no choice but to prevent others from interacting with her.

These people may have had a laugh but the consequences are dire and far too real.

2019 is shaping up to a year of connected appliances and home automation, do you think all that data will just be passively processed and yet only provide predictive as well as conversational suggestions via voice?

Think about it, to have no linear interaction (all human conversation is non linear as well as both illogical and logical) derived from data you are going to get to a point that people will tire of saying enablement phrases before they speak.

To get contextual awareness that data will have to mimic human thought processes when it comes to receipt of sound waves. For instance when you hear someone talking in the distance, you know it's not meant for you so you turn away.

So the problem we have right now, when you say Hey, Cortana multiple devices will respond to you. How is Cortana supposed to know which device you are speaking at directly?

Simple answer, latency when objects pass through an solid object an image is formed by the number of waves that do not pass through an object. The time it takes for waves to pass through an object depends on material thickness. Yes, I know I am over simplifying this - not everyone thinks about cellular attenuation.

Going forward how do you improve the contextual awareness so that you may for example become more productive. For instance your washer suggesting the best cycle and how much detergent to use. As that is actually more simpler than having a complex valves restricting detergent flow.

You have to further increase the ability to mimic human thought processes.

However at one point how do you distinguish mimicry and an actual conversation?

Take babies for example, they learn through mimicry then as they are able to understand the information, context and subtext they begin to converse. With children the rate of mimicry is slow because they only see a handful people.

But with data?

There are 7.7 billion people and they are generating data in one shape or form.

That rate from mimicry to an actual conversation may actually not be far off.

To add this to the mix, we have Microsoft pushing for ethical Artificial Intelligence.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=m2vAtit-

I'm not kidding and that is part of the answer.

The other part?

How we, as humans treat each other and we have do better. I'm not going to go into detail how as it will get extremely political and due to ignorance on the part of some will refrain from discussion thus continue to spread what they feel is "truth".

In the simplest form facts are the truth, no ifs and no buts.

The only way to remove negative mimicry from the current toxic political climate is to remove the exposure to it or at the very least shield it from the toxicity.

That is what I believe is happening with Cortana.
    01-10-2019 05:14 AM
    Stupid is as stupid does. I was ALWAYS amazed that Cortana could not even tell you what time it is if she doesn't have internet access at the moment. I'm asking her because I am doing something else with my hands and eyes so can't look at the glance screen! But she basically has nothing else keeping her from looking at the phone's internal clock!

Cortana reminds me of these people:

01-11-2019 06:32 AM