Please suggest best navigation apps for windows mobile

Fraziers

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
Well Ive been an android user since a long time and I use waze app for navigation.

So any best alternate of waze app on windows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried the old WP Waze app itself? It still works (at least for some of us) and is (I think) still available in the Store.

If you're looking for turn-by-turn navigation, the Windows Maps app is pretty good. (Where it falls down for me is that it will only keep the screen awake if you are using turn-by-turn navigation, so you can't just have it open as a map while you are driving like you can with Waze.)

I've tried a bunch of others but none of them approach Waze, especially for crowd-sourcing current traffic and optimized routing. I have CoPilot GPS and Navmii on my phone but I almost never use either (only used them when Waze wasn't working for me for a while but it started working again over the Christmas holiday period).

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting in the past year, there is some external input on Windows maps. I've noticed it provide a bit odd route before only to discover it was for good reason, like avoiding traffic. Same route for my colleague on android Maps and they got stuck in it. Windows maps never told me about the traffic.

I've had Google users in my car say a destination is a few more blocks ahead while Windows was saying it was coming up. Low and behold we see it physically coming up.

lol it's not happening all the time but I find amusement in these little 'wins'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro