Lumia 640 xl windows 10? WiFi NO internet Access

Fizzy_PopPopPow71

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
So the hotel I stay at alot my phone gets WiFi access no problem. When I leave the hotel and come into other WiFi hotspots range my phone connects but it says NO INTERNET ACCESS.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
This has been happening with my L830 for a few weeks now. It's infuriating and very inconvenient. The only fix I've found, when I absolutely need a WiFi connection, is to switch the phone off, wait a minute, then switch it on again and it connects immediately to the WiFi source it previously wouldn't accept. This might be worth trying for you but, hopefully, someone may have a better solution for both of us.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Does this happen with only saved wifi hot spots or if the wifi is an open network?

Also, can we assume you're on a OS build of 1607 or 1703?

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My 830 is on 1607. It happens on both but most annoyingly on saved networks that were always trouble free until recently.
Thanks for your reply

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My 830 is on 1607. It happens on both but most annoyingly on saved networks that were always trouble free until recently.
Thanks for your reply

Does disconnecting and reconnecting help?

Also sometimes with hotel WiFi hot spots you need to re-login via the browser, this usually occurs when roam between different nodes in a WiFi network due to either poor set up or failing equipment.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for replying. Disconnect / Reconnect doesn't help. The only fix I've found is to switch off the phone for a couple of minutes and then it reconnects automatically. I think you're correct about it being due to failing equipment though. Unfortunately it's my 830 that seems to be failing.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for replying. Disconnect / Reconnect doesn't help. The only fix I've found is to switch off the phone for a couple of minutes and then it reconnects automatically. I think you're correct about it being due to failing equipment though. Unfortunately it's my 830 that seems to be failing.
Sux but maybe try forgetting all the networks that are troublesome. RE-add them one by one and se if that helps. I might have some other ideas... I think I saw this come up on a XDA thread too.

I've seen this happen before to myself. It's alway been on devices that natively ran WP8 and upgraded. I'll keep checking to see what this is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3