Incoming texts not creating a notification

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As the Windows mobile infrastructure continues to crumble, the latest issue I've had is that whenever I receive a text, my phone doesn't even seem to notice. No sound, no visible notification, no screen lighting up. Oddly, the quick glance icon does show up at the bottom of the screen when I've received a text, both on glance and when I actually wake the phone. This might be the straw that finally gets me to choose another platform. Also, this is the 43rd time I've said that in the last two years, so we'll see.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As the Windows mobile infrastructure continues to crumble, the latest issue I've had is that whenever I receive a text, my phone doesn't even seem to notice. No sound, no visible notification, no screen lighting up. Oddly, the quick glance icon does show up at the bottom of the screen when I've received a text, both on glance and when I actually wake the phone. This might be the straw that finally gets me to choose another platform. Also, this is the 43rd time I've said that in the last two years, so we'll see.

It is annoying.

That started with a cumulative update about a month ago on my L950 XL and the latest update has broken phone settings, I had my caller ID set to "My Contacts Only" but now that's broken as anyone I call in my phone book comes up as with held / private.

Whereas "Everyone" and "No One" work as expected, the other issue the latest update has added is double tap to wake no longer works correctly.. double tap to lock still works.. but no doubt that will break in an update or two...

Good thing I didn't spend much on the L950 XL (Bought it for £125), I would be plenty pissed if I had bought it full price at launch.

If I have to switch it will probably be to Sailfish unless the geniuses get Cellular connections working on WoA.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So it finally dawned on me to check my notification settings. Sure enough, messaging was turned off. Turned it back on, got notifications for a day. 24 hours later it had switched back to off. So now I guess each morning I'll have to double check that setting just so I can hear a text message coming in. Sigh....

I'm considering the Samsung S10e when it comes out, as well as a couple of other Android phones. I almost went for the Nokia 7 a couple of months ago, based on price/performance, but decided I couldn't live without the wireless charging I've had for 10 years, going back to my Palm Pre. I'm also thinking about the iPhone XR if I want to turn to the dark side. Both platforms have enough +/- to keep me on the fence.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So it finally dawned on me to check my notification settings. Sure enough, messaging was turned off. Turned it back on, got notifications for a day. 24 hours later it had switched back to off. So now I guess each morning I'll have to double check that setting just so I can hear a text message coming in. Sigh....

That's fortunate lol, may be check if setting customs sounds help at all?

I'm considering the Samsung S10e when it comes out, as well as a couple of other Android phones. I almost went for the Nokia 7 a couple of months ago, based on price/performance, but decided I couldn't live without the wireless charging I've had for 10 years, going back to my Palm Pre. I'm also thinking about the iPhone XR if I want to turn to the dark side. Both platforms have enough +/- to keep me on the fence.

Looks like the S10 variants still use the msd card slot as a sim2 slot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills