Sync files on Lumia 950

Bal3ster

Feb 21, 2019
Visit site
Hello,
It's my first time in this forum, so please forgive me if I am asking something obvious to you experts.
I am still enjoying my Lumia 950, and I was wondering if there was a way or maybe an phone-app or a PC software able to sync the files that I have on the phone with what I have on my PC.

I can connect my phone to my PC and can navigate through the content in the phone, but (I tried just a couple to be honest) regular sync software don't recognize the phone as a external drive...

Thanks for the help
Andy

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So my very first reaction would be to connect the phone to your PC as a MTP device, but at this point I'm not sure if the 950 has that option. I can't imagine that it does :/ (down sides of not owning a lumia, but an android is that you can't quickly check out these things lol).

So my next question would be, what kind of files do you need to sync between your phone and PC?

Btw, congrats on the first post ^^

Bal3ster

Feb 21, 2019
Visit site
They are all kind of files, all documents - no music or pictures (for which I already use OneDrive).
I could dig into the MTP option.. but I need more info...

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
They are all kind of files, all documents - no music or pictures (for which I already use OneDrive).
I could dig into the MTP option.. but I need more info...

Thanks

Ah if it was just media files I would've recommended OneDrive as well. Windows 10 has a built-in 'sharing' option, but to be fair, I've only used it to share pictures (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...iles-between-pcs-windows-10-april-2018-update).

You could also look into setting up a network just for sharing files?

Obviously there are options, but all require some effort. There are also wireless file hubs for sale :D hootoo has a few and Anker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb