04-22-2019 01:50 PM
40 12
tools
    Still can't find a decent music player in the seas of the android app store. 😢
    nate0 likes this.
    04-14-2019 07:22 AM
    Still can't find a decent music player in the seas of the android app store.
    That I agree with. I'm using VLC which is good because it's open source and there's no ads or other crappy stuff trying to get you to part with your money. It could look nicer, but works for the most part. Unfortunately, I got used to groove, and was pretty happy with it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2019 11:07 AM
    Definitely hasn't been a downgrade for me. Have owned many Androids and when we compare to our W10M counterparts - the added reliability, consistency, functionality, and speed, gained - makes that which was lost a very minimal compromise (imo). I also like the fact our devices now can be relied upon daily and for months on end (even years). Updates no longer hold our devices hostage and we get to enjoy technology advancement that WP ceased development on quite some time ago. Windows Phone has become spilt milk so even though it still incorporates some good traits at some point in the near future those too will be mopped up due to the lack of advancements.
    I agree completely with this. Many of the same complaints are expressed in the CrackBerry/BlackBerry forums. The reality is that we all stick with our preferred OS until the Android/IOS duopoly offered enough features/benefits to leave our preferred OS for the better improved efficiencies..
    Elky64, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    04-14-2019 01:03 PM
    Back when I was on android, I used the payed version of Player Pro.
    04-14-2019 11:11 PM
    I recommend Neutron. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...neutroncode.mp
    aximtreo and Timbre70 like this.
    04-15-2019 04:13 AM
    Coming from Nokia 1020 and 950XL. Waited for the Nokia 9 Pureview. Installed MS launcher.
    What I got was:
    PIE Android mess, simple things made difficult
    Less camera, no shutter button, no lanyard,
    Face unlock, fingerprint unlock, smart lock, none of these really work,
    It is a pretty phone, now it is in a case,
    Cannot see photos in explorer on PC, one of the reasons that I did not want an iPhone, apparently newer versions of Android also do not act as thumbdrives on PCs,
    Fast food apps, that are easier to use on IPad,
    Useless bank app,
    Got Waze back, a plus, but now I run it on my IPad now,
    A limited SMS app, replaced with "Textra,"
    I can control my thermostats, cute, it works, who cares,
    Sync problems with calendar.

Not happy. If Apple makes a phone with a better camera I will probably go there. All I wanted was a faster 1020.
    fin11 likes this.
    04-21-2019 10:34 AM
    This might be somewhat pedantic, but nobody who switched thinks it is a downgrade, even those who love WP and hate Android or iPhone. If it was a downgrade, you wouldn't switch. Sure, WP was better in some things, but overall moving to Android or iOS is an upgrade by most metrics.

Our choice of smartphone platform is a package deal. Sure, you can argue that it is a downgrade to not have a dedicated phone button, for example. But that doesn't compensate for the other shortcomings, especially if something like a must-have app is gone.
    Elky64, Laura Knotek and TgeekB like this.
    04-21-2019 03:14 PM
    Coming from Nokia 1020 and 950XL. Waited for the Nokia 9 Pureview. Installed MS launcher.
    What I got was:
    Cannot see photos in explorer on PC, one of the reasons that I did not want an iPhone, apparently newer versions of Android also do not act as thumbdrives on PCs,
    Useless bank app,

Not happy. If Apple makes a phone with a better camera I will probably go there. All I wanted was a faster 1020.
    Android can be very complex… many OS versions, running stock Android, OEM “skinned” Android, etc. Hardware can vary as the day is long as well. If this is your first kick at the can trying out Android then in my opinion the Nokia 9 PureView wasn't your best pick (see below)... Nokia is no longer synonymous with WP so anyone thinking their name will hold some value (retaining some hints of WP) are sorely mistaken.

As for the Nokia PureView... From my reads the Nokia 9 Pureview has/had some issues out of the box such as, fingerprint sensor, camera jpeg output, software bugginess, etc. Believe there was a recent software update that greatly improves the fingerprint sensor, some camera aspects and who knows what else. Might try checking to see if an update is available on your device.

As a side note... Android has never kicked me in the gut anywhere close to your recent experience(s) and we're talking over several years/multiple devices. New to the platform and a device that's not quite ready for prime time can be a bad combo.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    04-21-2019 03:59 PM
    What I got was:
    Useless bank app,

You sound like you didn’t even give it a chance. You made up your mind before you started.
    Elky64 likes this.
    04-21-2019 04:24 PM
    Poweramp.
    Try it if you haven't already. Pay for the pro version too if you really like it. As soon as I found it I have not looked again.
    04-21-2019 07:30 PM
    CloudPlayer will play from OneDrive if you have your music stored there.
    04-21-2019 07:33 PM
    CloudPlayer will play from OneDrive if you have your music stored there.
    That's just sad considering Groove is close to losing that feature globally.
    04-21-2019 07:44 PM
    I cannot disagree. I had expectations of a better Android. My previous Android experiences were mostly rooted custom roms, HP TouchPad, and a Samsung Captivate. Also have LG tablet and Android radio system installed in my pickup truck. None of them are as disapointing as trying to use this Android. That said, I am mostly disappointed in what I thought would be a better camera. And that I cannot review photos in Windows Explorer. I am going to stick with it until someone really brings a better camera.
    04-22-2019 08:12 AM
    My previous Android experiences were mostly rooted custom roms, HP TouchPad, and a Samsung Captivate. Also have LG tablet and Android radio system installed in my pickup truck. None of them are as disapointing as trying to use this Android.
    The thing that bothers me most is not being able review photos in Windows Explorer. No thumbnails just JPG icon. Tried all the setting on the phone. My other Android device all show the thumbnails.Also tried several different PCs. pie-icons.jpg
    04-22-2019 08:23 AM
    Try Cloud Player, is very similar to Groove. You can linked it with One Drive, Drop box etc. And has nice Black Ui in settings. I HATE LIGHT UI. Also I replaced Phone with True Caller App for Phone, Contacts and SMS with Dark Ui.
    04-22-2019 01:50 PM
40 12