Welcome to.......

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
This site has effectively become Gaming Central. I originally started coming here because of the focus on Windows Phone. Now all you get is Gaming stories and it is because of the silence from MS in regards to all things mobile. Remember what Nadella originally proclaimed? Something about "Mobile first....." I guess that was the first LIE. All the others followed easily after that

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I hear you but you forgot about one of the big pieces that Windows Central covers, which is Windows 10, along with the devices that can run it so there's also Surface hardware reviews, laptop reviews, tablets here and there and other things that connect.

This site made the decision to cover all things Microsoft a few years back, which is working. The radio silence on phones is all on Microsoft. However, Microsoft is doing the work with improving their mobile products that are not OSes.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I hear you but you forgot about one of the big pieces that Windows Central covers, which is Windows 10, along with the devices that can run it so there's also Surface hardware reviews, laptop reviews, tablets here and there and other things that connect.

This site made the decision to cover all things Microsoft a few years back, which is working. The radio silence on phones is all on Microsoft. However, Microsoft is doing the work with improving their mobile products that are not OSes.

What do you mean with "their mobile products that are not OSes"?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess the better question is, what should Windows Central have done? Windows phones are basically dead. MS has given up on them. I don't think that was the right move, but that was what MS chose to do.

Maintaining coverage on a dead platform isn't the greatest choice for Windows Central. The next best idea is to focus on what Windows can do in it's current form. Focusing on servers/business loses the core audience that WC already has. So, the consumer side of things, then.

That leaves normal users and gamers. The video game industry generates as much if not more money than the movie industry.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This site has effectively become Gaming Central. I originally started coming here because of the focus on Windows Phone. Now all you get is Gaming stories and it is because of the silence from MS in regards to all things mobile. Remember what Nadella originally proclaimed? Something about "Mobile first....." I guess that was the first LIE. All the others followed easily after that

They have Jason Ward to cater to you guys :p

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean with "their mobile products that are not OSes"?

They have several mobile apps. They have Microsoft Launcher, Outlook, all of the Office Mobile applications, GroupMe, and others that are often getting updates that improve things on the respective platforms. I don't remember the last time I heard any complaints about the apps not working as they should. Microsoft seems to have a goal to have their products/services be accessible on whatever you want to use them on. Each of these apps have many downloads and users, they aren't small things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills