WoA Lumia 950 Unlocked Bootloader + Relocked - no updates?

The_GTA

Apr 20, 2019
Visit site
Dear Windows Central community,

I have successfully (?) installed Windows 10 ARM64 on my Lumia 950 (RM-1104_11210) using the WoA Deployer Lumia Edition. When the tool froze on me during flashing my phone's partitions were destroyed. So then I recovered my Lumia 950 using the official "Windows Device Recovery Tool". But now it is stuck on Windows 10 Mobile 10586 which is really out of date!

On a separate partition I have the Windows 10 ARM64 build 17736 installed. Of course not accessible if the boot loader has been relocked. But WoA does state that you can update Windows 10 Mobile if you relocked...

Does anyone have experience with a dual boot setup for Lumia 950? Do you still get updates for your Lumia 950? Did you recently factory reset your Lumia 950 and then update it to latest build? Does the integrity check require deletion of WoA? Do you have the same problem as me?

Please help.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Dear Windows Central community,

I have successfully (?) installed Windows 10 ARM64 on my Lumia 950 (RM-1104_11210) using the WoA Deployer Lumia Edition. When the tool froze on me during flashing my phone's partitions were destroyed. So then I recovered my Lumia 950 using the official "Windows Device Recovery Tool". But now it is stuck on Windows 10 Mobile 10586 which is really out of date!

On a separate partition I have the Windows 10 ARM64 build 17736 installed. Of course not accessible if the boot loader has been relocked. But WoA does state that you can update Windows 10 Mobile if you relocked...

Does anyone have experience with a dual boot setup for Lumia 950? Do you still get updates for your Lumia 950? Did you recently factory reset your Lumia 950 and then update it to latest build? Does the integrity check require deletion of WoA? Do you have the same problem as me?

Please help.

The developers who helped engineer and get WoA to where it is now on the Lumia 950/xl have their own channel and a repository of info on this. I have you tried seeing what you can find on this or what they might know?

You won't get any updates on your device if you leave the boot loader unlocked. If you relocked it there is some kind of validation piece missing that is keeping it from recieving an update. What error are you seeing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3