Anyone have idea about when Whatsapp close it's service in Windows 10 Mobile ?

Bhargav Parmar

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I use Lumia 730.
Just read news about Facebook close it's service of Facebook, Instagram, Messenger in windows 10 mobile platform. And Facebook own Whatsapp so...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WhatsApp has a different timeline. By the end of last year (I believe), it stopped working on Windows Phone 8.

pikiki

May 3, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I use Lumia 730.
Just read news about Facebook close it's service of Facebook, Instagram, Messenger in windows 10 mobile platform. And Facebook own Whatsapp so...

Whatsapp is doing a great job with support for old OS devices. For example, you can run it with Android 2.3.7 until february'2020.

Whatsapp is still working on Windows Phone 8-1. By the end of this year -maybe- the support will be finished for this platform. I hope that will be the moment when the count-to-zero for Windows 10 mobile starts, hope than 12 months more. So, the minimum time (in my opinion) would be 1-january-2021.

pikiki

May 3, 2019
Visit site
WhatsApp will no longer work on Windows Phone after December 31st this year - it's been confirmed by WhatsApp themselves.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/tech...smartphones/story-TKiyptxIjsrp5b21KenImM.html

Sad news. I wrote a few lines about my expectations, based on the Whatsapp support for old OS. Some hours later here we have the reality.

I'm still waiting for an official statement, but if this is true, in a few months would be the time to move to another platform.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine there is some form of workaround. WhatsApp and other services ditched BlackBerry OS10 quite some time ago and yet Nemory Studios has working Facebook, WhatsApp and others working perfectly on BB OS10. They’re expensive but for those who want it, it’s there.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I hope fall would be a very exciting time. Whatsapp should just allow us to log on with anything, multiple places, like other services (cough, telegram)

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine there is some form of workaround. WhatsApp and other services ditched BlackBerry OS10 quite some time ago and yet Nemory Studios has working Facebook, WhatsApp and others working perfectly on BB OS10. They’re expensive but for those who want it, it’s there.
Nemory Studio apps are wrappers around Android apps. The guys is one of the biggest crooks in mobile app development. Mention Nemory on Crackberry and watch the fireworks begin.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That and 50 cents gets you a newspaper. It doesn't change the fact that the apps are available for BlackBerry OS 10 users.
Nemory Studio apps are wrappers around Android apps. The guys is one of the biggest crooks in mobile app development. Mention Nemory on Crackberry and watch the fireworks begin.

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
That and 50 cents gets you a newspaper. It doesn't change the fact that the apps are available for BlackBerry OS 10 users.
If you consider Nemory Studio work new BB10 development then you are right. I don't know any experienced BB10 users who would agree. Personally I think the Windows 10 Mobile community is lucky not to have someone like him trying to rip them off.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If you consider Nemory Studio work new BB10 development then you are right. I don't know any experienced BB10 users who would agree. Personally I think the Windows 10 Mobile community is lucky not to have someone like him trying to rip them off.
If it works and there's a modicum of support, it's better than what we have with Windows. Sucks but it's true.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep just rip the band-aid off already..... you'll be so glad you did. Believe me the novelty of live tiles will fade away very quickly when you actually have a truly fully functioning smartphone again ;-)

yes, but then have to worry about aggressive ads and viruses and key loggers and boring static icons and when I'm driving can't have my TXT messages read to me, or voice dictation txt messages to my peeps when I'm driving, or have all my contacts and photos or anything private cuzz google or app devs wanna sell all my information to the lowest bidder when installing apps/games, or have to root my phone if I wanna install my games and apps to my SD card ect ect ect.... yeah... can't wait... gonna be so glad :eck:

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
"google or app devs wanna sell all my information" Why you're so worry about it? ISP also collects your information. ALMOST EVERY websites/apps nowadays collects your data.
"aggressive ads and viruses and key loggers" WTF?
"when I'm driving can't have my TXT messages read to me, or voice dictation txt messages to my peeps when I'm driving" Don't use your phone when you're driving or you can get fined!!!

You make no sense... no I won't get fined as I don't have my phone in my hands (DUH).. or EVERYONE would get fined using their hands free BT devices whether in your ears or through your care stereo or through a speaker device... THINK before you reply... and EVERYONE knows google is the biggest offenders when it comes to selling your info.. and YES I am worried about it and if your're just a little intelligent then you would be too, because it isn't just YOUR information but then they look into your contact info also and I'm sure THEY wouldn't like their privacy invaded neither... maybe YOU don't mind your privacy being invaded but other intelligent people do... too many devices want to snoop on citizens today and people like you don't care and that poses a big problem... you don't look at the big picture and just consumed about getting that cool app or cool gizmo, and to hell with privacy... its just so laughable!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Almost every websites nowadays collects your information, such as IP address.

That's a fair bit different to tracking your location, and your app useage. Your IP address tells people little. The data google collects is detailled information on your habits, logged by your gmail and user data.

They track your actual location to serve locally relevant ads. Google is like a creepy stalker. It's more than just 'you like those, so would you like one of these'?

Mind you apparently facebook makes shadow profiles of people who aren't even on the platform, and the US govt collects databases on everyone via five eyes, and possibly the chinese govt as well...

BUT, I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to limit these things. That every cat and dog wants to smell your underwear isn't a reason to just accept it.

Not to mention Google is censorious; they ban stuff on youtube, and curate search results AND they have been gradually increasing ads on search to the point where it's now quite ridiculous and it's hard to believe anyone tolerates it. Just the sheer amount of ads on google search alone, is enough to make me cringe at the company.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
yes, but then have to worry about aggressive ads and viruses and key loggers and boring static icons and when I'm driving can't have my TXT messages read to me, or voice dictation txt messages to my peeps when I'm driving, or have all my contacts and photos or anything private cuzz google or app devs wanna sell all my information to the lowest bidder when installing apps/games, or have to root my phone if I wanna install my games and apps to my SD card ect ect ect.... yeah... can't wait... gonna be so glad :eck:

My advice is do what I am going to do, get an android phone that is lineageOS compatible (from their lists), and install lineageOS with MicroG (which are open source APIs that spoof google services). MicroG has a non official fork of every form of lineage, that has MicroG bundled. It uses for eg, openstreetmaps instead of google maps.

It's not 100% compatible with every app, but close enough that most things with google dependancies will work. And at least half of your apps can have no google dependancies anyway.

It still contacts google servers when it has to but gives them as little info as possible (strips out the user data, email only). So the most google will know, is SOME of the apps you are using, but not HOW you are using them, or where you are travelling, things you type etc.

Then install as much software that doesn't use google APIs or software dependancies as possible (like from fdroid, or the amazon app store).

That's about as much control as you can get on android. It's a hassle, but it's what I'll be doing. Then you can install blackberry apps or microsoft apps or both, and get a fairly non-google experience, an open source keyboard, and some sort of encrypted chat software.

Another option is buy a blackberry. Most secure version of android, and a lot of it is geared to encryption. Although I don't think that's nearly as private myself, but it is off the shelf.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss