Is Blackberry Key2 a good move from Windows Mobile?

Daniel Trujillo

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I held on to WM as long as I could, going as far as getting an HP Elite X3 which is where I am now, and with WhatsApp threatening to stop working past 31 December 2019 I guess it is time to jump ship. I would like to hear your opinion on a Blackberry KeyOne or Key2. What about the Microsoft Launcher? Will it work on these BB devices? In general, is Blackberry a good move from WM?

Thanks!

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you want a physical keyboard? That and security are the main reasons to consider a BB. They're Android so the MS Launcher should work fine but I can't vouch for it. The Key2 is newer and according to the Android Central comparison, it sounds like a significant improvement over the KeyOne.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The communication organisation via the hub is good. So if you want it for enterprise type purposes, yeah. Or if you like lower error rates in typing via the physical keyboard. Launcher works on BB.

If you want a good camera, however, it's okay, but not great. But your coming from an elite, so IDK, might be an improvement.

People seem to generally think the capative trackpad via the keyboard is useless. So go for the key2 LE.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Key2 and it's a great phone if you like something different, want a physical keyboard, and are security and privacy focused. I am hesitant to use MS Launcher on my key2 because then u wouldn't be able yo use the built in shortcuts. That's a big draw to the phone for me.

IMO, the pixel 3 (which I also have) is the best phone or a WP fan. MS Launcher runs smooth as butter, phone gets quick updates, and has a killer camera. If you get the XL it's basically like having a L1520 without the hardware and metro UI. Based on your question I'd go with the pixel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss