Phone? Who needs a phone?

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
If you think about it MS has done far better in the mobile space by NOT having a viable OS.

Much as I'd like an Andromeda phone I can see why the are in no hurry.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Look around you at everyone glued to their phone. Everyone seems to need one and MS not having one hurts their mobile presence. Although they are trying to remain relevant in mobile with Samsung deals and porting all their apps to iOS and Android, so there's that.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
You miss my point, they don't have a phone but they are on almost every phone out there......

While I agree with your premise, MS's mobile strategy of focusing on bringing their apps and services to where the users are makes sense, and they are doing a relatively good job with it, how do you justify the statement "they are on almost every phone out there"? Are you referencing specific data, specifically service usage vs. app downloads? Just curious b/c for the most part, the people I know, work/family/friends, aren't using many MS apps on their phones. And those who are, it's Outlook for mail, and they're over 40. I have a bunch of cousins under 20 who hardly even know Microsoft exists outside of Xbox.

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
you do realize the "no one I know does this" is a archtype in marketing...

okay...
okay....

Maybe "on almost every phone out there.." was a bit hyperbolic

but certainly much more than they were on Windows Phone. And when you consider that phone OS's and hardware are notoriously low margin businesses..... maybe they aren't wrong in going this way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb