Congratulations Microsoft! I switched.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
, I still think it is expensive (maybe not for the storage but personally I would not use that). For phones I want something mid-segment priced (200-300) but with a good camera and decent update support. There are iPhones in that segment but generally the cameras lack (compared to 950 XL) and update support will be short.

But the 950 XL was $650 when new, with only 32GB. Why is that not expensive?

Update support is never short with Apple. iPhones and iPads get a minimum of 5 years of iOS upgrades. That is the best in the industry.

I still have a 7 year old iPhone 5. I fired it up (for the hell of it) in November 2019 and there was an iOS update. It was a bug fix, bumped it from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4. Now THAT is support.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
But the 950 XL was $650 when new, with only 32GB. Why is that not expensive?

Update support is never short with Apple. iPhones and iPads get a minimum of 5 years of iOS upgrades. That is the best in the industry.

I still have a 7 year old iPhone 5. I fired it up (for the hell of it) in November 2019 and there was an iOS update. It was a bug fix, bumped it from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4. Now THAT is support.
, the 950 was expensive at launch but quickly dropped in price while generally older Iphones are still expensive where I live (even 2nd handed). Initially the update support is very good for iphones but when a device is already 3-4 years old you will still only get ~2-3 years of updates (and usually not OS updates) while it is priced the same here as e.g. a Nokia 7.2 or such which is superior in almost every way for me except for privacy/Google.
The new cheaper Iphone looks interesting however.

Personally I got an Nokia 6.2 in a sale as a temporary phone and besides the camera I am happy with it (I still use the 950 XL for the camera so it does not matter much).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs