Step into Android or go all out?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Besides installing the Onedrive app, you should also install the One Sync app. That will shoot your pictures up to Onedrive instead of Google.

Really? I'm syncing OK with just one drive and never logged into Google drive or asked it to sync pictures

Gallery wise, just started with Samsung and now have Onedrive integration too, hoping this app can also show my Onedrive pictures when browsing this gallery app

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Really? I'm syncing OK with just one drive and never logged into Google drive or asked it to sync pictures

Gallery wise, just started with Samsung and now have Onedrive integration too, hoping this app can also show my Onedrive pictures when browsing this gallery app

How do you autosync a new photo to Onedrive/Pictures/Camera Roll directly?

Using Onedrive as a gallery I found has it's burps 'n farts. OK, but not best.

And being on a Priv, of course, no idea about Samsung options.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you autosync a new photo to Onedrive/Pictures/Camera Roll directly?

Using Onedrive as a gallery I found has it's burps 'n farts. OK, but not best.

And being on a Priv, of course, no idea about Samsung options.
Turn on auto upload in OneDrive settings. I'm surprised you haven't seen the notification yet. Whenever you first set up OneDrive it'll always give you a heads-up about auto upload.

nt40lanman

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
Long and wonderful post snipped

Thanks!! I am also trying to stay out of Google's hands as much as possible because I don't like or trust them. I'm starting to get things reigned in. Mail seems to work, Onedrive has my files and uploads photos but photos DO NOT go to Google. I have MS Launcher but may try Square Home, and may give A+ Gallery a try. I saw photos app on an iPhone and it was impressive.

I think you're right about the "wealth of apps" in android. This Samsung has all the standard apps replaced with Samsung ones and I hate it.

The two big things I'd like is to press the button on my ear buds and have Cortana beep, and have Cortana read me text messages as they come in like my MS phone.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
@anthonyng Congrats on the new phone (Hadn't logged into the forums for awhile)! You're going to really like it. I am a fan of Microsoft Launcher as it has an alphabetical app list vs just screens and screens of app icons as well as the ability to cycle through a gallery of your photos for the wallpaper daily (Sort of an homage to the Photos Live Tile).

The Samsung experience definitely has some bloat to it, but a good deal of it is useful. The OneDrive/Gallery integration will hopefully be great in the future as well. So far the gallery doesn't seem to show OneDrive photos as you pointed out but if it does in the future that'll be huge.

neko1302

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Ciao

I own Note10+ and Lumia950xl

I noticed that if I copy a photo from pc to onedrive in the samsung picture folder of onedrive, I can see that picture on the samsung gallery-
That's mean that gallery show the onedrive pictures-

But if I move the picturer from a folder to samsung folder in onedrive, gallery doesn't show those pictures

I'd like to find how to show all picturer.

If it works for 10 could work for 10000 but I want to know how to that easely

Onedrive support says to ask to Samsung, but who in samsung to ask that?

p.s sorry for the grammar

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@neko1302 Interesting.... however it is a weird problem if you move it within onedrive it doesn't pick up the change... I hope they open up the option to choose onedrive folders instead of us trying to move everything to a new folder

Your grammer is just fine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720