What exe files would a "normal user" need?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Inspired by the front page article.....For normal users usage, common popular applications

-=Can anyone think of an exe that couldn't be replaced by a similar appx UWP in the widows store or something else baked into windows?=-

Think something your mum, or your neighbour or some random kids would use. I'm curious if we can come up with any!

People use chrome, but any browser is pretty much the same to an ordinary person. How popular are games within the normal populace?

I know its a huge industry, but would it seem like a limitation to "average" people to only be able to play things like leo's fortune, xbox crossover games and gameloft games on their PC? Gaming in the store isn't terrible from a casual point of view. Some of them are pretty great. Is the average person going to miss anything there? Or is gaming AAA titles on PC more popular than I realize?

Perhaps gaming is the one Achilles heal of windows s and the store from an average users POV, despite being "not too bad" compared to mobile platforms.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Does the average person use download managers like IDM? I've seen that program as very popular with college going students

I know they were popular for awhile. Browsers have pretty similar capabilities these days, but not quite as good. In the age of torrents, direct downloading is probably not as big as it once was. That's a possibility.

Don't see anything specifically like that in the store at a quick glance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss