OneDrive and other cloud apps

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I was just thinking about the fact that Dropbox might struggle on Windows 10 S as it can't work perfectly in the UWP environment, especially when it comes to syncing due to the very nature of sandboxing that's a part of it. And I was wondering - how OneDrive works? I know it's an integral part of Windows but is it going to have the same issue or because it's integrated, there won't be any problems and it'll work just like on any other W10?

And is there a chance for Dropbox to find somehow a way how to deliver the same experience? Or is it really without a chance?

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
No, I mean, I don't have this problem, it's just how it is going to be in Windows 10 S without a possibility of EXE apps, as it seems that cloud services are struggling in UWP environment. So if OneDrive will work?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OneDrive should work just fine as it's integrated into 10 entirely.

Dropbox will likely be limited to it's UWP app, but I'm wondering if it can get onboard Centennial.

Chris Knopff

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I doubt there'll be an issue. Azure is used in the UWP environment to connect to cloud-based apps. I would assume it might have a pop-up requiring some running access through the application itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2