Will Cortana Run on Lumia 520 (512mb) Devices??

Shankar chandran S

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
If Cortana requires an "Always On" feature for doing Voice activated commands , may run on all L series, but only 1520 has the hardware for this feature. It may result in huge battery drain for the lower cousins. :grincry: 525:grincry:

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
If Cortana requires an "Always On" feature for doing Voice activated commands , may run on all L series, but only 1520 has the hardware for this feature. It may result in huge battery drain for the lower cousins. :grincry: 525:grincry:

You state this as a fact. Mind listing a source that shows only the 1520 has the necessary hardware?

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 4S has an 800MHz dual core processor, 512 MB RAM, and runs Siri smoothly, so I don't think it won't be available...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You state this as a fact. Mind listing a source that shows only the 1520 has the necessary hardware?

He's likely referring to the Snapdragon 800 SoC which integrates such a feature, in which case the statement would be incorrect because the Icon also uses that SoC. I think it is safe to assume that none of the devices that came out with an earlier SoC include the necessary hardware, as it would have required a separate IC.

On the other hand, not a single device using the Snapdragon 800 actually makes use of the always-on-listening feature, so it has yet to be shown that it actually works.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Stephen Elop specifically said that they were bringing this experience to the low end devices, whereas Android does not.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
He's likely referring to the Snapdragon 800 SoC which integrates such a feature, in which case the statement would be incorrect because the Icon also uses that SoC. I think it is safe to assume that none of the devices that came out with an earlier SoC include the necessary hardware, as it would have required a separate IC.

On the other hand, not a single device using the Snapdragon 800 actually makes use of the always-on-listening feature, so it has yet to be shown that it actually works.

FWIW, the Lumia Icon will be capable of the "Always On" feature as well.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, the Lumia Icon will be capable of the "Always On" feature as well.

Will be capable of it (like any Snapdragon 800 based device is), or will actually implement the feature (if so, then when)? I haven't watched the WP8.1 announcement yet, so sorry if I'm behind the times.

Edit: finished watching build keynote. I didn't see any indication that the Icon or any other WP device will come with this feature.

Last edited:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Joe Belfiore demoed Cortana on the decidedly low-end 512MB Lumia 630. So yes, it will run on low-end 512MB devices. :p

sharath shekhawat

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will Cortana Run on Lumia 520 Devices??

I am using Nokia lumia 520.also i have updated 8.1 udate.But after complete my updation than i pressed search button to open cortana but welcome of cortana specifiction didnt come.and its directly showing listening as speech option.kindly suggest me how can i get cortana.???
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05