Will Cortana Run on Lumia 520 (512mb) Devices??

Lumiaddict

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I own a Lumia 520, mostly because it handles my day to day activities pretty well. Ive owned a Note 3, 5S, S4, 920,1020, and a 1520, but this tiny, well priced phone does everything I ask, other than handle a few games, but no worries...

My question now is, will it handle WP 8.1 and all the features its set to bring? It seems Nokia and Microsoft try to keep everyone together as much as possible. I really look forward to Cortana and seeing what shes capable of!

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It already does everything you ask of it. If you want more capability you shouldn't have put aside your 1520/Note 3.
To answer your question, it should support Cortana.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
No knowledge here.

I'm also anxious to see what is in store with the new overwrite forthcoming.
I don't see why Cortana wouldn't run on lower RAM devices unless it was graphics intense.
Difficult to guess, then again it would make no sense to leave out the low end Nokia WP phones.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I own a Lumia 520, mostly because it handles my day to day activities pretty well. Ive owned a Note 3, 5S, S4, 920,1020, and a 1520, but this tiny, well priced phone does everything I ask, other than handle a few games, but no worries...

My question now is, will it handle WP 8.1 and all the features its set to bring? It seems Nokia and Microsoft try to keep everyone together as much as possible. I really look forward to Cortana and seeing what shes capable of!

That's one of the questions that'll be answered on Wednesday. ;)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

All devices will be capable of running all of WP8.1 in all its glory, even the L520. What can't be guaranteed is that carriers will actually distribute the WP8.1 update, but it is currently expected that they will.

However, this applies only to the U.S. If you aren't in the U.S. , some Cortana features may be unavailable, but that has nothing to do with the phone.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
What can't be guaranteed is that carriers will actually distribute the WP8.1 update, but it is currently expected that they will.

Ah, the joys of having a 'country variant' phone :D (and I even bought it trough the carrier, but it looks like they imported Hungarian country variants :D)

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site

If you are looking at 1GB low priced lumia phone why not look at the lumia 525 (same as 520 but with 1gb RAM). Also the lumia 630 will launch soon (with 1gb ram *nix that! just found that 630 will only have 512mb of ram!* and wp 8.1)

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
cortana should run on the lumia 520!! as there has been no leaks or announcement as it was done with the GLANCE as it will be supported only by AMOLED type lumia only. but cortana as of now will be available for L520!! THANK YOU !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077