Cortana what actions can it do?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

So what actions do think it will be able to do?

Some that I thought of able to found events specific for yourself, show news item you be interested about etc.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It would be cool if it interacted without being prompted i.e. "according to my maps, you've just pulled up at your local Tesco store, should I open one note and you can dictate a shopping list?"

Or better yet: "it looks like you've just stopped outside your parents house, do you want me to fake a call to you in 30 minutes so you can escape?"

Now that would be friggin cool :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It would be cool if it interacted without being prompted i.e. "according to my maps, you've just pulled up at your local Tesco store, should I open one note and you can dictate a shopping list?"
Isn't it a little late to create a shopping list by then? :wink:

Or better yet: "it looks like you've just stopped outside your parents house, do you want me to fake a call to you in 30 minutes so you can escape?"

YES! Escape the mother-in-law's house!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here are a few scenarios that I have used:

These are all voice actions:

--Remind me to send an email to John Doe when I get to work.
When my GPS location shows me at work, a reminder is displayed

--Remind me to call John Doe at 3:00pm tomorrow
I get a reminder at 3:00pm to call John and can initiate the call from Cortana

--Show me the address to the closest Denny's
-Shows me the results
--Navigate there
-Launches Drive+ and start the navigation from my current location to the Denny's address provided.

many many more, but those are the ones I use a LOT. :D

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

By sure that would be awsome if it would work like that!

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is dynamic. Not only will she do your everyday personal assistant tasks, but she will use your location, the weather, the time, your habits, your communications, and device condition to enhance and add to tasks she performs

Last edited:

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if Cortana will ask follow on questions and automatically listen?

For instance, if I tell Indigo to set a reminder, Indigo will make the reminder, show it on screen and then ask if I want to save it. It will then listen for my response automatically.

This is what I can't discern from the videos. Either it is not being shown or Cortana doesn't listen for responses to questions she asks.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if Cortana will ask follow on questions and automatically listen?

For instance, if I tell Indigo to set a reminder, Indigo will make the reminder, show it on screen and then ask if I want to save it. It will then listen for my response automatically.

This is what I can't discern from the videos. Either it is not being shown or Cortana doesn't listen for responses to questions she asks.

Yes she would wait for a confirmation , if you say yes then it will save else if you say no it will not save the action.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

Indigo is a great app. Its voice rrecognition is pretty good.

In the demo, Cortana hasn't even gotten to know the user yet. Its the idea around it. Its suppose to evolve with use. I can't wait to see its development as I continue to use it in the fuuuuttttuuuurrree.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if i change my region from INDIA to US.. will cortana be able to answer my location based queries..??
For eg: "Cortana, Can you search for nearby restaurants???"..
I m very curious to know this..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb