Cortana: geekin out

MicrosoftFoLife

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is as excited as I am to have Cortana as a feature! If you've prayed Halo then, imo, Cortana has a different effect on people than Siri or GN. Siri and GN are both made up for the phones. Cortana on the other hand has a voice, a body and a story (if you've played the Halo Series).

I don't know. I think its different. Anyone else see it the same or am I weird?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You're only putting your fantasies into reality.

If you saw the demo you'd realise that Cortana is a blue ring on the phone. That's it. No body to it or story. It's a digital assistant, that's it.

They only chose the name to make it different. The only history to it is the name and the voice. Nothing else.

MicrosoftFoLife

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
You're only putting your fantasies into reality.

If you saw the demo you'd realise that Cortana is a blue ring on the phone. That's it. No body to it or story. It's a digital assistant, that's it.

They only chose the name to make it different. The only history to it is the name and the voice. Nothing else.

I'm talking about the story in Halo. And there's no body for us in the physical realm cause we don't have hologram technology at our disposal.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I can sort of see the original op's point. I definitely have more of an attachment to it than if it was called something different (like the much predicted "personal assistant for windows phone8.1 by Microsoft" lol). Its a bit of a let down that jen Taylor doesn't appear to be present, but at the end of the day its about brand recognition, and millions of people associate cortana with ai/intelligent computing, and hopefully attract the attention of a few new switchers.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I can sort of see the original op's point. I definitely have more of an attachment to it than if it was called something different (like the much predicted "personal assistant for windows phone8.1 by Microsoft" lol). Its a bit of a let down that jen Taylor doesn't appear to be present, but at the end of the day its about brand recognition, and millions of people associate cortana with ai/intelligent computing, and hopefully attract the attention of a few new switchers.

Jen Taylor is present... she even confirmed it on her twitter.. though MS has also confirmed they want to use more of Jen's voice and better the experience since it is still in Beta.

People are more attached to the name and this assistant because they have known it for longer... Cortana was out before Siri or GN but only for a video game.. and even if you didn't play the Halo series, you probably heard the name somewhere so it sounds more familiar.. Plus Jen's voice makes it more "real" to be in the video game... yes.. if you give this to some corporate big shot, they may very well have NO idea who cortana is and wont be attached to it.. but that isn't Cortana's audience.. Chances are someone like that would be more impressed with all the features she has to offer as an assistant.

Aniruddh Sharma1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait to have Cortana on my phone!
I have not really played Halo but there is something about Cortana that just makes it so amazing. Alas, I am not in the US.
Can someone confirm if downloading the Developer's Preview in India would get me Cortana and when is it coming out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2