Cortana + Xbox One: Just think about it!

Toninho Cajueiro

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

You are driving, there are too much traffic and you won't get home in time. So, you turn on your Windows Phone and says "Cortana, in 10 minutes, start recording my tv program at Channel 5 on my Xbox One". So, the 'Cortana' will access your One Drive cloud, then access your Xbox One (that is on Sleep Mode but connected on the internet) and then start recording your favorite tv show at the time you asked for.

So, what do you think about it? :O

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Cortana will be on everything hopefully. I want to be able to talk to her and ask her things at all times (Phone, PC, Xbox). A real personal assistant is there no matter where you are. And if they can talk to each of your devices from the other devices... my god that would be the dream!

Toninho Cajueiro

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess that's a possible use case... but wouldn't you be recording your favorite show anyway?

Of course it would, but just try to imagine that you could manage your device using another device, in this case a WP with Cortana. In fact, now you already do it using smartglass app, but its restrict to the same wifi zone. Asking to Cortana manage your Xbox One could result in a lot of new possibilities. The "starting recording" is just one example, but I think that Cortana will be much more than "check my emails".

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I would like this as well as other cross-device features using Cortana or Windows in general.. Would be very attractive features to have devices interact like that.. And if Cortana is planned to be everywhere in the Windows ecosystem, I don't see why this wouldn't be a thing.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

You are driving, there are too much traffic and you won't get home in time. So, you turn on your Windows Phone and says "Cortana, in 10 minutes, start recording my tv program at Channel 5 on my Xbox One". So, the 'Cortana' will access your One Drive cloud, then access your Xbox One (that is on Sleep Mode but connected on the internet) and then start recording your favorite tv show at the time you asked for.

Sounds great. Xbox one taking over tthe living room business.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking about turning on my Xbox one and putting the phone on the table, Cortana would talk back and forth, come back an hour later and they are still talking about the weather someplace :)

But, If you have a company DVR, say, Comcast,DirecTV or Dish network, and have a app for the company (that you can schedule/view shows), If they support the Cortana feature on the app, IT COULD DO THAT FOR YOU.

Yes, it is possible but, not really on the Xbox one because it's not a DVR so....

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Agreed! I was just thinking about this the other day!!! Like imagine if you could tell Cortana to queue things on Hulu for your Xbox, or even have Cortana send notifications from other devices to the Xbox One. I was actually thinking about that remote file-fetching ability you have for OneDrive on Windows - "Cortana, share my holiday photos to OneDrive" "Cortana, show recent documents on (insert name)'s PC" "Cortana, stream The Strokes from my PC". Possibilities are endless!!

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Integrating with the Xbox One would be cool. You could say, "Cortana, remind me when Kinect Sports Rivals is released on the Xbox One." Then when the game is released, she could not only remind you, but offer to purchase it and install it on the Xbox One while you're in your office, school, car, etc.

Or on your phone, you could say, "Cortana, next time my son logs into the Xbox One, remind him to take out the garbage." I would use that all the time.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I would be cool if you were competitive with your friends and when someone gets to a higher level than you on Titanfall she would say, "By the way... Timmy is totally destroying you on Titanfall. While you were at work he went up 4 levels. Should I start the XBOX when you pull up to the driveway or will you wimp out?"

Toninho Cajueiro

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I really hope so! And if your son log in the Xbox and you get an alert on your WP by Cortana, that asks: "I saw that your son started playing Fifa on Xbox, instead studying. Would you like to send him a message before I turn the Xbox off?" Hahaha it would be funny!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999