Bad News.

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Remember when people ask about how to allow Cortana to work in their country just by changing the speech settings? I'm sorry but Microsoft have changed that part of the settings. Now there is 2 different kind of language settings to choose. ]Thus, in order for Cortana to work, the whole regional settings had to be changed to the US.

Cortana.png

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I see, many people don't really know that it got changed. They though that it is still using the old settings format.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not true, unless your account is tied to US too.

Not required.

I have US setting, use local scout for UK based on my GPS when I need it. My account is an EU country - everything works. Only thing it "may" struggle with is store purchases, but that is because your card may not pay in $$. If you have a card that pays in $$, no matter what country you are actually located in and where you account belongs to, you can enjoy everything US customer enjoys including app purchases.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft most care about US

My WP 8 and my W8 are in USA region, better apps, better services .

I really don't think this means Microsoft cares MORE about the US. I think it just means since it is a US based company, it's only logical that they start things off here. It's either this, or we have to wait another year or so to let them finish it globally. Yes, if I was not in the US, I would be upset as well, however, I would, at least, understand.

I have been keeping up with the news and Windows Phone has global support but many of the Dev's and Apps are US specific because that is just where the development pool is the deepest at this time. Things will level out. :) Have faith in the mothership. :winktongue:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think this means Microsoft cares MORE about the US. I think it just means since it is a US based company, it's only logical that they start things off here. It's either this, or we have to wait another year or so to let them finish it globally. Yes, if I was not in the US, I would be upset as well, however, I would, at least, understand.

I have been keeping up with the news and Windows Phone has global support but many of the Dev's and Apps are US specific because that is just where the development pool is the deepest at this time. Things will level out. :) Have faith in the mothership. :winktongue:

I disagree with where the developer pool is - definitely not in the USA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss