The Cortana Setup Guide

juestain

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Problem solved! Under languages the US has to be listed at the top. To change this tap and hold on US and move to the top.

-Teton Carbonworks

Santiago_Canepa

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but I think I broke my cellphone,maybe a glitch ? I am a Argentinian and I've configured my mobile to the USA in order to use cortana.
I update to dev preview but I've no cortana, I put back to Spanish and after that I can't go back to the USA English, I put the uk version, French, but when I select USA region nothing happens, no reset nothing, I download another language and I select English again and still there, I change my region, geo location, key board but I can't go back to English of the USA, anyone with the same problem? Thanks

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is great... but one disappointment. How come European Soccer teams are not listed under sports interests!! Man, the latest game of FC Barcelona and Real Madrid had 400 viewer worldwide... Maybe 30 of them in the US, but still! :)

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm playing hell getting my geofencing to trigger at the right times. "leave work" trigger fired 20 minutes after leaving and "when I get home" trigged 10 minutes after arriving. How is this supposed to alert me when I'm passing a grocery store? 10 minutes after I've passed it? Is it possible I'm doing it wrong? L920 btw.

Graelock

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I've maximized her capabilities...I even have wake-up times and reminders set...I just wish it was her doing the chiming in and not the standard notification tones. I think it's so awesome when my bosses phone goes off and I hear, over the cubicle "Your daughter is trying to reach you..." or "your wife is trying to reach you." She doesn't repeat it constantly, she just chimes in, vibrates, rattles that line off and that's it. I would expect the same options to be available for other notifications, events etc.

sManowar

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 and I think my Cortana is impaired somehow. I've gone through the whole setup from the beginning and my version of Cortana is nothing like what I've seen from Daniel Rubino or the numerous video out there. For one, almost everything I ask kicks me into Bing. I've also asked all those kind of silly queries, like "Who is your daddy?", "Do you like Clippy?", "Sing me song", or "Tell me a joke." All it does is search Bing. Disappointed.

Am I doing something wrong?

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but do you guys know if there is a way for her to show it in celsius when we tap on her icon?
I know you can ask her to convert it but I want it to show in celsius by deffault...

That is because of the region. When it is available for Europe you will get it in celcius as default.

sbostedor

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I'm actually pretty disappointed. She doesn't really say anything. Lumia Icon on Verizon. Fresh install. Everything that I ask just send me to a Bing search. Windows Phone 8 did that!

carloswin07

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
In my inner circle I have someone who was added automatically because she has the same last name as me.i don't want this person to be in my inner circle though. How can I delete this person from my inner circle?

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
That is because of the region. When it is available for Europe you will get it in celcius as default.

Yes, it's because technically this is still US only, so they aren't supporting Celcius. It'll come when other regions are added. Afterall, Celcius conversion is just a simple formula. Not exactly rocket science. But it's more than just Europe. In fact, unless you live in the Bahamas, Belize, the Cayman Islands, Palau or the United States. The official temperature system is in Celcius. Our American friends are really the last hold out against the metric system. You really should change, you're making things a pain up here in Canada. It's bad enough we have to write everything in French and English, but we have to support the old imperial system for American's up here visiting.

TOC51

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with Cortana routing everything to a bing search and doing none of the witty replies. I think my problem was, during her "absorbing the internet" phase my internet connection got disrupted. Anyway, a hard reset (so loosing any data that wasn't backed up type reset) and now she works just fine. She still seems to run lots of things through Bing, but she is much better and will actually respond with her witty remarks.

sManowar

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with Cortana routing everything to a bing search and doing none of the witty replies. I think my problem was, during her "absorbing the internet" phase my internet connection got disrupted. Anyway, a hard reset (so loosing any data that wasn't backed up type reset) and now she works just fine. She still seems to run lots of things through Bing, but she is much better and will actually respond with her witty remarks.

I'll try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diane Cunhm