The Cortana Setup Guide

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Everyone that is NON-US using Cortana.

I am glad you are getting to see what is coming, but there is no support for Cortana being used outside the US at this time. I will TRY and get some answers, but no promises. :)

Charan Reddy1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi there..

I have lumia 1320 (India) and just updated to 8.1 via developers preview, But i can not find cortana on my home screen as described with circles or by pressing search. Please do help me out.. Very desperate to use Miss Cortana.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to change units from fahrenheit to celsius ?

I am getting them in fahrenheit, I changed bing weather settings to Celsius:eck:

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
got a question here,

when tapped on Cortana app it comes up then I have to press the microphone to have her to do something........is it the way it suppose to work?
I thought by tapping Cortana she would ask me "How can I help? right away..

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
ok found a way..have to tap and hold the search button to make it work right away. Although it should have been with the app as well

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Why is she returning me web result many a times !!

Also reminders clubbed with geofencing ain't working...she is telling to switch of battery saver whch is not on at all !!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Why is she returning me web result many a times !!

Also reminders clubbed with geofencing ain't working...she is telling to switch of battery saver whch is not on at all !!

Check you battery saver settings and make sure she's allowed to operate in the background, because battery saver can be used to disable background tasks completely on a per app basis.

Udonitron

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Pardon my SMRTs here but I have no Cortana live tile, nothing in programs, nor does it activate via search after my update this morn :(

juestain

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I live in the US, my phones region is set to US, but my phone says Cortana isn't available in my region! WTF!

-Teton Carbonworks

pns3456

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Cortana did not show up in the apps list

My son has my old Nokia 822 and has the preview for developers app. He got the 8.1 update and it does not have Cortana listed in the apps list. Any thoughts. The app does not show up anywhere.

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana did not show up in the apps list

My son has my old Nokia 822 and has the preview for developers app. He got the 8.1 update and it does not have Cortana listed in the apps list. Any thoughts. The app does not show up anywhere.
Have you tried checking for updates again? You may just have downloaded and installed the smaller pre-8.1 update.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cortana did not show up in the apps list

Obvious question also...but you are in the US and the settings were for the US, correct? Lots of issues about how to get it for people out of country today.

juestain

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just to clarify, not only am I in the US, but my phones region and everything else is set to US. There are no additional updates available, but when I do a search for Cortana settings I find a menu that says Cortana isn't available in my Region.

-Teton Carbonworks

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Curious about setting up geofence reminders. Can they be made to be always do X when I arrive at [saved place y]? Or are they only, do X the next time I arrive at Y?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05