Cortana is NOT listening to me! I didn't do anything to make her angry.. why?

anon(2701007)

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a Nokia 925 and got the same issue. It won't listen to me nor speak to me after I installed the DEV edition last night. There must be something unique from on the Nokia 925 that where this bug is happening. I hope Microsoft finds a Nokia 925 to test with and fix it before i goes public.

anon(2701007)

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. Midway through the post where some linked over to MS forums about the problem they found a "workaround". If you disable Bluetooth all together Cortana speaks. I just tried it on my 925 and voala. Of course I rather see the issue fixed but for now this will do.

fivehavefallen

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
925 here

I've tried every suggestion so far and nothing works

Cortana worked perfectly for me until yesterday when all or a sudden she couldn't hear me.
I wonder if an app update affected this. Two apps updated before this problem; "video" and "awesome lock"

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
925 here

I've tried every suggestion so far and nothing works

Cortana worked perfectly for me until yesterday when all or a sudden she couldn't hear me.
I wonder if an app update affected this. Two apps updated before this problem; "video" and "awesome lock"
I recently asked Talderon about this isssue (he works on Cortana) I believe and he replied......

Ok, we DO have a big open for this issue. It is a HIGH PRIORITY one. I need the following:

Device
Carrier
OS Version Number (Settings > About)

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
The issue is that the client isn't reading the captures audio in time. It's hard for us to look at it because of how infrequent it is, but the above information will help.

Pranesh Bala

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I also have the same problem on my lumia 930. Cortana listens only when I shout near the upper part of phone, but listens to music normally. I also checked with decibel meter it shows deflection only when the sound source is near the upper part of phone. anyone have any workaround for this.

Chris24ja

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Had the same type of problem on an HTC One on Windows 8.1.

Noting that this could be affected by Location Services, I checked mine. It was ON. I toggled it OFF and then back to ON. Solved it.

It's not a root cause solution, but it's something to try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786