HTC 8x with Cortana ?

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked 8x from Rogers, Canada, no dice with Cortana. Wonder if Rogers has something in the ROM that prevents it even tho I've set everything to US English.

eduardopl

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T branded 8x. Have you tried just changing speech language ?
28aqohe.jpg

AnilJassi123

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8X bought from 3 in the UK, I'm experiencing exactly the same. English US shows up but cannot remove English UK, all steps were followed correctly but still no Cortana, the only thing I haven't tried is the hard reset but I'm not going to bother.

tau417

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem with clock on 8X :( , changed everything to US, still no Cortana, i tried hard reset also ..... :'(

ethermite

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I’m also experiencing the same problem with the European (UK) HTC-8x. I'm unable to change the "Phone Language" to English (US) to enable Cortana.

I don't know whether you can flash to an HTC device...

You can but it's not for the faint of heart or the non-tech savvy. The htc8x development section on xda-developers forum 8x by HTC Windows Phone Development - xda-developers is a place to start. As the stock Europe htc-8x rom is available to download I suppose the missing language files could be added from different rom and then flashed to the phone.

Edited due to poor grammar.

Last edited:

sgraphics

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So there are three options right now for non-US/European HTC 8X I guess
  1. Have someone flash a "stock ROM" on it for you
  2. Wait until Cortana comes to Canada or UK (both seem to exist for non-US 8X)
  3. Buy a Nokia :)

webreid

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem in Canada with my carrier. Changing the Phone Language is the critical step. A friend has an 8X with Rogers and he can change his Phone Language to English (United States) and therefore has Cortana. It's more a carrier issue than an HTC issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss