Apps that work with Cortana

leops1984

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a list of the apps that have integration with Cortana already? I'm wondering how come so many big apps (like the Bing apps, Facebook, etcetera) aren't integrated with it yet.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The list on my phone is:
* engaget
*Lync 2013
* MetroTalk
* MusiXmatch (now that's cool to have, but I haven't tried it)
* NBC News
* Nokia MixRadio
* Tumblr

What are yours? I think this will become an advantage point of picking an app vs the other along with tile integration with background.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The bing apps work with Cortana just not for the voice command... I added Spurs to my favorites and she keeps me up to date with the score

Edit: Jeebs's list is better than my answer :p

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
If you bank with chase. The chase apps atm locator is connected to cortana. So say locate the nearest chase atm and it will work. I wonder if the other bank apps have added cortana integration yet?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a list of the apps that have integration with Cortana already? I'm wondering how come so many big apps (like the Bing apps, Facebook, etcetera) aren't integrated with it yet.

Click the search button ---> click see more ---> scroll to the bottom of the page.

There you will see which of your apps have Cortana integration already. You will also see a list of the available commands.

WPcentral App has a pretty nice list of commands already.

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry to say it, but I would rather exchange some other features instead of having Cortana interact with some apps.. It is nice that the assistent is connected to Foursquare, MixRadio, Twitter etc, but let's be honest.. it is complitely useless..
Let's take an example with Foursquare.. I am going to Eiffel tower and instead of just using the live tile and check in manually (It doesnt take much more time, than doing it through a voice command!), I would look redicilous speaking to my phone @Foursquare, Check in@, HOPING that Cortana understands what I say, despide all the noise around, so I dont have to say again @FOURSQUARE, CHECK IN@ and look like a 5 year old kid playing with his tetris.. I admit, that having Cortana interact with apps is pretty cool, but that is not what we need.. there are plenty of other features that are much more usefull, but they are either really bad or not there at all..
I believe that if Microsoft really want to make the perfect mobile assistent and gain market share, they have to convince Android and iOS users that WP is way way better.. we are now where android and iOS were 3 years ago.. they should really focus on features that MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.. otherwise what I see now is useless.. I can check the weather myself or just open the News App, or open the maps app..
I Really hope Microsoft are doing their best, so after few months I dont have to buy Android again..

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone only shows Mixradio, I have facebook as well as Bing weather and Bing news too..

Mine shows Nokia MixRadio, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Twitter, WPcentral.

Not showing Facebook beta, Bing Weather, Bing News maybe these don't support Cortana as of yet.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry to say it, but I would rather exchange some other features instead of having Cortana interact with some apps.. It is nice that the assistent is connected to Foursquare, MixRadio, Twitter etc, but let's be honest.. it is complitely useless..
Let's take an example with Foursquare.. I am going to Eiffel tower and instead of just using the live tile and check in manually (It doesnt take much more time, than doing it through a voice command!), I would look redicilous speaking to my phone @Foursquare, Check in@, HOPING that Cortana understands what I say, despide all the noise around, so I dont have to say again @FOURSQUARE, CHECK IN@ and look like a 5 year old kid playing with his tetris.. I admit, that having Cortana interact with apps is pretty cool, but that is not what we need.. there are plenty of other features that are much more usefull, but they are either really bad or not there at all..
I believe that if Microsoft really want to make the perfect mobile assistent and gain market share, they have to convince Android and iOS users that WP is way way better.. we are now where android and iOS were 3 years ago.. they should really focus on features that MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.. otherwise what I see now is useless.. I can check the weather myself or just open the News App, or open the maps app..
I Really hope Microsoft are doing their best, so after few months I dont have to buy Android again..

Have you tried "Cortana check into foursquare" ?

I don't have foursquare to verify however that should work. If it does then your point is moot lol. I know it feels funny talking to your phone however that is why you have the search box - takes no longer than a few seconds to press search key and type in foursquare check in.

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Well. To me. Having Apps to be able to integrate with Cortana is the DIFFERENCE between other OS. This is a step in the right direction and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. All we need is an all-listening feature that would mostly complete CORTANA itself.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Hey I agree with you that not all apps make sense and that you might not look cool taking to your phone. I don't care about foursquare for example. But think of this. I have the nest thermostat and I would love to be able to ask Cortana to set heat to 70 as I get into the car from the office.

I also love the efficient geofencing capabilities and powerful reminders. I think there's great potential to utilize Cortana on private or while driving without looking like a 5 year old with his Tetris.

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It's my understanding that MS doesn't integrate Cortana into these apps, but makes the API available to developers so that they can add that feature into their app. It's a good selling point for the app and the developer.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here Drive works at least for me....I asked Cortana "Can you get me home ?" and she opened Here Drive and I was mapped to home...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes