Cortana battery drain

sharting

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I activated Cortana yesterday and my battery is draining like crazy (about 13% per hour). This morning I deactivated her and the battery consumption immediately dropped to 2% per hour.
Anybody else has this issue (I have a Lumia 1020)?

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Similar problem Lumia 920, changed my region code and language to USA to get cortana, upon reboot everything worked but the battery was getting absolutely hammed dropped 50% in 3 hours!

Have since changed back to UK settings (losing Cortana) and battery is behaving reasonably well again

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
For me it fortunately only drains when Cortana is active (in foreground and doing stuff for me). I can see this in Battery Sense, Cortana Active Time is the biggest battery hog there, whereas Cortana in background doesn't need more than other background tasks.

Lumia 1020.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
For me it fortunately only drains when Cortana is active (in foreground and doing stuff for me). I can see this in Battery Sense, Cortana Active Time is the biggest battery hog there, whereas Cortana in background doesn't need more than other background tasks.

Lumia 1020.
battery sense is not telling the whole story.

DigitalZ

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I activated Cortana yesterday and my battery is draining like crazy (about 13% per hour). This morning I deactivated her and the battery consumption immediately dropped to 2% per hour.
Anybody else has this issue (I have a Lumia 1020)?

I too have a 1020 and yesterday with a lot of playing with Cortana in the foreground my phone drained quickly and I had to charge it well before the day was up. Today I decided to leave her be for a while and I have seen the battery usage be much less. I've gone from 100% to 82% in about 8 hours with Cortana primarily in the background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans