Cortana can't do mathematical Calculations.

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I just asked how much is 2 + 2... it showed me 2 + 2 = 4.... Not sure how to get her to talk the answer yet

ask it to do 5 root 4!!! or even bigger... it cant do.. and the answer you posted comes from bing search, and its not cortana's answers

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
it is not giving answers but gives a bing search instead!!!

It does use a bing search, but the bing search gives you the correct answer.

​Please remember Cortana has been out to the public for 24 hours. Siri and Google Now were not built in a day.

BTW, Cortana is powered by bing.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Edit: someone beat me to it. lol

It sort of does though. A user can type in 2 -2. And it will pull up bing results with the calculation. It can do subtraction, multiplication, and division. There isn't a plus sign on the keyboard. But maybe that can be done by voice. I can't try that at the moment. It may not speak a response or reply with a written response but it still does mathematical calculations through bing. I am not sure how complex though.

weedog1889

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
It does use a bing search, but the bing search gives you the correct answer.

​Please remember Cortana has been out to the public for 24 hours. Siri and Google Now were not built in a day.

BTW, Cortana is powered by bing.

Been out to the public 24 hrs but how long has it been in development. Siri also powered by Bing as much as I hate to say it is far better than Cortana. All the hype for a bit of a let down imo

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Edit: someone beat me to it. lol

It sort of does though. A user can type in 2 -2. And it will pull up bing results with the calculation. It can do subtraction, multiplication, and division. There isn't a plus sign on the keyboard. But maybe that can be done by voice. I can't try that at the moment. It may not speak a response or reply with a written response but it still does mathematical calculations through bing. I am not sure how complex though.

There is a plus sign, at least on the US English keyboard...press the -> arrow on the numbers keyboard...it's in there.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Been out to the public 24 hrs but how long has it been in development. Siri also powered by Bing as much as I hate to say it is far better than Cortana. All the hype for a bit of a let down imo

I have never used a first release beta piece of software that had all the features I would expect and want (and that were all working). To me, Cortana is amazing considering it was just released.

weedog1889

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
All the hype and "already better than Siri and google" stuff. Nope it ain't yes I understand its beta and still under development but not worth the hype it's been given yet... Just sayin

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
All the hype and "already better than Siri and google" stuff. Nope it ain't yes I understand its beta and still under development but not worth the hype it's been given yet... Just sayin

I guess that is why reviews are somewhat based on opinion. Also, these assistants' skills often depend on what the individual user needs. Remember that Siri wasn't even remotely close to this when she was introduced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster