cortana with ford sync in 2013 f150

Quethrosar

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
so when I try to use cortana in my truck the sync system opens phone menu and dials my phone's phone number which may or may not let the mic start picking up voice commands for cortana.
driving mode is on. anyone else get these issues?

weisscracker

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Even before Cortana that is how it worked with the old voice recognition system windows phone had. In my Ford Fiesta it takes a few seconds before the Sync System makes the fake call and enables the microphone. The perfect interface would be to just double push the Ford Sync button on the steering wheel which would take you straight to Cortana. One push taking you to the Ford Sync System Assistant. Double Push taking you to your Bluetooth connected phones system's Assistant Siri or Cortana. But alas those car engineers probably won't get around to doing that for a few more years.

weisscracker

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah sometimes it gets stuck like that. And you have to hit the end call button on the steering wheel. This happens to me most frequently when a turn by turn navigation system tries to talk to you over the Bluetooth tooth connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers