What are you using Cortana for?

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Canadian here.

I'm currently trying out Cortana, but I'm just not sure it's worth losing such quick access to the music search/bing vision buttons. I use music search frequently enough. If we're watching mad men or something and a song comes on. And bing vision a handful of times.

What has Cortana offered you that the regular tellme hasn't? After a few "where are you from" questions last night, I couldn't think of a single thing. Today I asked her to remind me to get gas before I drove home, but the time it took to confirm, and then wait, and then say "yes", I could've typed it myself just as easy.

What are you using her for, and is it worth it to you to lose the other search functions?

(btw, where is the music search button if you have Cortana enabled?)

--EDIT--

I changed the title of this thread, thanks to those who answered my question above.

I'm mostly interested in what people are using Cortana for. As of now I'm not sure it's any different than TellMe, just takes up more battery. What are you using her for that tellme didn't provide?

Last edited:

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is Cortana worth losing the vision/music search button?

For the music button you have to click the search icon or launch Cortana then at the top right hand side you should see a little music note click that and it will listen for music. I wish the scanner was there too.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

You still get to keep music search. Just go to the upper right and there's a music button. Bing vision can be accessed through the camera.

I'm using her for reminders because even if I could've tried it in just as fast, it's still easier and safer to do it while in the car.

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Look for the music icon on the top right to the left of the notebook. Just tested it - works AOK.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Ah perfect, there it is, thank you guys.

Well guess I'll keep her enabled and see how much value I start seeing in it.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
By bing vision, do you mean the QR code scanner? If you open the camera app and select lenses, it should be there. As for the music search, when I was trying out Cortana, something I said was mis-interpreted and made her to start listening for music (probably for id'ing it), can't remember what the question was though.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

ALex Susky

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I mainly use Cortana to search things on my phone like text keywords (couldn't do this before) and to play music for me. I am so glad i no longer have to use hey DJ to play music with speech. I really don't like that it uses Xbox music though. Does anyone know how to make her use Nokia music instead?

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean she can search your text messages for key words? Very awesome if that's what you meant.

Also, can she change tracks and everything with music?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky