Cortana: Geofencing: Actions

yourguitarhero

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to set up Cortana to turn on my wifi when I get to work or home and turn it off again when I leave.
Gave it the commands but it just adds reminders. Can it change phone settings for you?

I'd also like it to automatically put on Quiet Hours when I get to work.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There are options to do that - For wifi
Settings > Wifi > When Wifi is off there will be an option to "Turn Wifi back on" with drop down menu options - Manually, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day and near my favourite places.

Opt for your favourite places (with your place being set as a favourite place in bing maps)

No such options for Quite hours, but you can suggest that in uservoice!

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
There are options to do that - For wifi
Settings > Wifi > When Wifi is off there will be an option to "Turn Wifi back on" with drop down menu options - Manually, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day and near my favourite places.

Opt for your favourite places (with your place being set as a favourite place in bing maps)

No such options for Quite hours, but you can suggest that in uservoice!

Thanks for this. Now if only Wifi Sense worked with my work wifi.

I'd like to set up Cortana to turn on my wifi when I get to work or home and turn it off again when I leave.
Gave it the commands but it just adds reminders. Can it change phone settings for you?

It isn't exactly what you are asking for, but if you put your work into the calendar marked as busy, you can then set Quiet Hours to turn on when you have a "Busy" calendar event.

Graelock

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I agree a "Cortana Tasks" section is needed in her notebook. As of now, if I say "Disable Wifi," she will disable it.

Freespacer

May 31, 2013
Visit site
just posted in another Topic: in Settings -> Location on the bottom is a status:
"Current Status: tracking geofences" - - many times it just is off. i have now idea how or why it turns on or off. and you get no warning when it changes status. so some ppl seem to get warnings others not...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05