Is Cortana working good for you?

KINGINI LABS

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 Nokia L920 & wp8.1 preview has been installed on both.

I am stuck with cortana as she would simply say 'Sorry I didn't get that' for anything I ask. It used to work good for the simple queries such as 'weather', 'restaurent', etc.
Now nothing works.

Have anyone of you faced this? What is the suggestion?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It stops working and starts again. It could be having issues at the server end or maybe it's the phone. It's great when it works but it's very flaky with varying degrees of brokenness.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I dont think its the phone, I'm gonna say its a server issue more importantly whatever server your phone is on. Would be nice if someone who travels can chime in on this, or what your location is working or not, google shows me running off a server in Orlando and my results are mostly Bing replies.

mithya

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
This issue is not yet resolved. I will wait for another week before i hard reset my phone

I am able to fix this, not sure how it is correlated though. I was running into exact same issue on Nokia 520. Immediately after installing Cortana, it worked like a charm but next day on-wards it will just say annoying message 'Sorry I didn't catch that'. I restarted many a times, played around with wi-fi/Data/Bluetooth setting, did a hard reset but no luck.

Finally, I went to Bing.com and logged into the account that is registered with my phone, then went to settings (link below)

Bing - General

And cleared all personalizations (under Personalization tab) which is used by Cortana. And viola! Suddenly everything started working again!

mithya

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys, did you try this? It worked for me after going exhausting all posibilities

I am able to fix this, not sure how it is correlated though. I was running into exact same issue on Nokia 520. Immediately after installing Cortana, it worked like a charm but next day on-wards it will just say annoying message 'Sorry I didn't catch that'. I restarted many a times, played around with wi-fi/Data/Bluetooth setting, did a hard reset but no luck.

Finally, I went to Bing.com and logged into the account that is registered with my phone, then went to settings (link below)

Bing - General

And cleared all personalizations (under Personalization tab) which is used by Cortana. And viola! Suddenly everything started working again!

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I want to know why it needs a damn connection to set a reminder. I'm here with a flaky signal and asked it to remind me at 11 for a coffee.

"I didn't get that"
Tried again
"What?"
Then it finally, jerkily spits across the bottom "Remind me at 11 for coffee" and then still says "I didn't catch that"

"Open twitter"
30 seconds later "Opening twitter"

At home on WiFi these commands are instant.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Not totally on board with cortana. She(it) does some things fine like tell me calendar reminders or weather which I don't really need her(it) for as its right on my start screen in a live tile. Actually easier to just take a glance at it instead of getting Cortana involved. But one thing Ive noticed is when I use her(it) for assistance in finding a location when driving she(it) more often than not takes me via drive+ to the wrong place. If I had been in an unfamiliar town id have gotten mixed up for sure. Now when I use Drive+ by itself with out cortana's help I'm fine and get very good directions. Plus she(it) eats battery like no other app I've seen. So while I like the concept I think she hinders my daily activities more than helps. Its cute, but that's about the end of it. If I ask a question it just directs me to the web where I could have googled it anyway. This novelty of having a digital assistant has run its course with me I think. I know its beta and it shows. Hopefully updates will be forthcoming for a better experience.

Phillip Casale

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree with cbreze. I can't even get her to tell me the time. Almost everything I ask it results in a bing web search. I don't know if these issue will be address in the coming months or not but I hope so. My phone is the Nokia 925. In the being some of the questions I asked her result in a voice response but then... nothing. I have read and tried all the suggestion I can find on the forums. I have soft reset, hard reset, re-installed, deleted all the information and so on and still I don't get the response I would expect. FRUSTRATING but of course it is only a Beta but I highly doubt it will get that much better. Anyone else have thoughts????

yigalgillis

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can set my location as a favorite place? It seems that Cortana only gets the name of the street and that's on a good day..

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can set my location as a favorite place? It seems that Cortana only gets the name of the street and that's on a good day..

Ask Cortana "Where am I?" Then tap the map that is shown. You can add your location to favorites from the Maps app.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I asked Cortana to direct me to an address earlier today and she took me the most roundabout way possible, which if I had been in a strange place may have been ok, as long as I got there, but the final destination was 3 blocks away from the address. Then when I start going toward where I knew it was she wants to redirect since she thinks I've gone off course. :unhappy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb