Alarm error SOLVED

frett

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Like many others, I have been getting the Alarm error: "Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit." (8000ffff)

I saw the suggestion to remove any third-party alarm apps, but I didn't have any!

After a little head-scratching, I checked my "TinyDO" app and sure enough--a couple items had alarms set for them. I disabled the alarm, and now Cortana sets alarms for me!

I went back in and re-enabled the alarm for a TinyDO item, and Cortana started giving me the alarm error again.

So, another fix besides removing any alarm apps, is to disable alarms in other apps (i.e. reminder or to-do apps).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

frett

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
@jmerrey. Glad I could help! I guess no one else has seen my little post since Sam Sabri and others are still only talking about the Alarm App fix. Oh well! :)

Heber Gonzalez

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I got this error too, but I my case, the issue was only present, while I had an app called Alarm Plus. After I uninstalled it, I also had to reboot the phone in order for the "Set Alarm " or similar commands to start working again. --I did not test this: but it is possible that the issue was caused by the fact that I had active alarms set on the Alarm plus app, and based on what I am reading from this post it appears that the issue can occur with just about any app that has an alarm function.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos