wanting the cortana to be opened by voice..

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
cortana is awesome but i want cortana to open by saying something like "hey cortana"
and we would have a option to turn voice start on/off .
this could be used for sho off . and sometimes helpfull also .
cortana should also be able to answer call - as when we r eating something and call comes we will say answer and call will be answered by cortana in speaker mode.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
This sounds like a great idea. Google has something like this. It may not be very high on the priority list though. WP can already read your texts aloud and announce a caller (Settings/Ease of Access). I suspect the obstacles blocking this development would be demand, utility, and hardware requirements.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like a great idea. Google has something like this. It may not be very high on the priority list though. WP can already read your texts aloud and announce a caller (Settings/Ease of Access). I suspect the obstacles blocking this development would be demand, utility, and hardware requirements.

...and battery. I'm sure it would suck up even more juice for Cortana to always be listening for a voice.

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
The Moto X does this. It has separate CPU cores set aside to listen for your voice, meaning Motorola thought special hardware was necessary to have this capability and not kill the battery. As such, I wouldn't hold your breathe for this function in WP.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X does this. It has separate CPU cores set aside to listen for your voice, meaning Motorola thought special hardware was necessary to have this capability and not kill the battery. As such, I wouldn't hold your breathe for this function in WP.

I think but not sure, that that's only possible without killing a lot of battery if you have the snapdragon 805 processor.

The Moto X has a dual core primary processor, so they tossed in another one to handle monitoring for voice. The quadcore Snapdragon 800 in the Icon, 1520 and 930 could probably so it with one of the spare cores. Older dual core phones might be out of luck, but MS is looking at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3