I don't know, what to say about cortana...

BioticCharger

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay I tried that. It seems to me that such a command does not exist, at least for now. However when I said "5 plus 1 equals" I got an answer. She didn't say it out loud though!

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It's because the wording you used is wrong. You should either have done 5 plus one OR add 5 and one. add 5 plus one is asking her to add in two different places. I'm sure eventually she will understand the meaning, but for now it has to be one of the other ways. The only downside is still, like BioticCharger said, that she doesn't read the answer aloud.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
What i was said to cortana, but what cortana did is...?
View attachment 63293

Seriously though, I don't think it makes sense to even expect this, even if Cortana can do it. In contrast to competing systems, Cortana can be extended into individual apps. If you want voice controlled calculations, I think it would be far better for that to be made part of a Cortana enabled calculator app. That also has the potential to be a lot more powerful in terms of what it could do:

"Cortana, please derive a calculus based proof for the pythagorean theorem."

Something like that is what we should be aiming for.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
how much is 15% of 625.

This works fine. You can also do "complex" calculations. For example, if you are trying to find the price of a sale item you can say, "how much is 50 minus .15 times 50" to figure out how much you will be paying for an item that is $50 with 15% off.

EDIT: This does work, but I'm not sure how to get Cortana to insert the decimal point. I'm at work so I can't talk to her, so I have been typing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3