Ideas to improve Cortana

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Find my car - hands on with HERE Drive's new feature | Windows Phone Central

I don't think Cortana will be able to help you in this situation...at least not until (or unless) HERE Drive/Maps gets more (deeper) integration with Cortana.

Thanks for the link. The big difference of Google's implementation with the one in Here drive is that it doesn't require you to use navigation. On Android it will remember where you stopped moving as long as you have location services enabled, which is exactly what I wanted Cortana to do (but no, I'm not getting an Android phone).

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Support for email would be great, directions but contact name too! Not being able to navigate by contact name has driven me crazy since day one

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
How about if we could share preferences with selected users? Or certain preferences?

Like maybe I'd let all my friends know what my favorite games and songs are. Not like I'm explicitly fishing for a birthday gift... but let Cortana share it with their Cortana. So if my friend's birthday is coming up, and he has his Cortana sharing certain games preferences with my Cortanta... then my Cortana could make recommendations based on parameters I set.

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I would like her to be able to open her own notes in One Note. I could create a note "authors I like" then when I finish a book I could say, "add Dr Suess to note authors I like" and she would add the name to my list.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would like to be able to define street nicknames. When speaking, I almost always use these without thinking about it, and Cortana never knows what I am talking about.
I wish I could:

Define Williamson Street as "Willy Street"
Define East Washington Ave as "East Wash"

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I LOVE Quiet Hours. It has already saved me on at least one occasion where a ringtone of a contact would have been embarrassing.
Second, I LOVE how it automatically kicks in when I am marked Busy for a meeting.

That being said, I had setup a reminder via Cortana to remind me of something for a specific meeting. She confirmed it just fine when I made the reminder. When I had the meeting, Quiet Hours had kicked in and it prevented Cortana from reminding me. She reminded as soon as the meeting was over and I had forgotten to bring it up. Oh well, lesson learned.

So my question is, how do I setup a reminder to remind me of something for a meeting when the meeting will be flagged Quiet Hours? Thanks!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I want to ask Cortana to restrict searches to a specific time frame.

"NBA 2k14 locker codes within the last two weeks"

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope they can figure out why Cortana sometimes goes absolutely nuts. I just asked "What time is sunset" and I can see that she heard it right, but the response was "Playing your playlist 'Soundtrack'", followed by her playing the track "Baby, I'm a star". She may be a star, but sometimes she's not particularly helpful.

Trying the exact same request again (after stopping the music..), she responded "You just need to unlock your phone first", followed by a Bing search for the phrase "What time is sunset". Still not helpful, but better than playing a random song I guess.

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
- Needs to work without location. If I'm asking for it to play music, I don't need location to play music.
- If I need to do something that requires location, ask me if I want to turn it on.

ljharper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
This is probably more OS-related than specifically Cortana, but I wish she had independent volume control. I was very glad to see the separate volume control for Ringer/Notifications vs Media/Apps, because I like calls and notifications to be pretty loud, but I prefer keeping app sounds turned down low. Unfortunately I quickly realized I can't hear Cortana talking most of the time, and so now I'm still turning volume up and down all the time like I had to before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18