Do you think it is possible to use Nokia Luna Headset with Cortana?

mercuriosilber

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks!

I just ordered a Nokia Luna Headset to use it with my L920 (8.1 Preview). But i'm not sure if I can talk to Cortana having Luna on. Or could Cortana listen to me while i'm wearing the Luna without pressing any button on it? I thought I could press a button on the headset to call Cortana but the problem is that there is only a on/off button on the headset...

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I can use the apple ear phones to use Cortana. Hold the middle button, she pops up, talk to her in the mic, she listens.

She also works on my Thermaltake Cronos headset

So possibly.

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a Luna headset and Cortana does work with it. Cortana also works with my Jabra Sport headset. With both, to initiate interaction from the headset, you simply press the main button to interact with the phone (which worked the same with my old android phone). This worked the same with the Tell Me system before 8.1. Both also work perfectly with the BT system in my vehicle.

Lars Soerensen

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I also have a Luna headset, and yes, i Works but, for me at least Cortana misses a lot more with the headset. Not her fault I think, just the poor qualty of the mic in the Lune headset..

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I have Luna BH220 and Cortana does not work with it. Neither on 1020 or 930, both on WP8.1.1 Cyan DP. Pressing the button on Luna just beeps in my ear and does nothing, while double pressing it makes a redial. I have another headset from Novero and pressing the button on it brings up Cortana as expected.

The button on Luna is inaccessible anyway. Maybe we will be lucky with Lumia Denim to be able to bring up Cortana by saying "hey Cortana", but I doubt it will work with Luna.

EDIT: Actually Luna DOES work with Cortana, but it does not bring her up on short button press, but long press only. And long press can accidentally turn off the headset :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2