Dont have cortana?

Melina Lopes

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Is your phone HTC 8X/S and bought outside US?

if so, the only thing you can do is wait until they release Cortana in your country, or buy a Nokia.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone HTC 8X/S and bought outside US?

if so, the only thing you can do is wait until they release Cortana in your country, or buy a Nokia.

Agree with this statement, If you live in the US and have a 8X you will be fine, but also heard that some cant even get Cortana with a 8X on certain US cariiers.

Melina Lopes

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It's not about where you are, but where you got your phone. HTC ships the 8x in europe without English US language in the ROM. Because of this you can't use English US as the default language, which is why you won't be able to enable Cortana, even if you change the region.

mo_mo

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
You need to hit the reset button on the region change page, don't know why but that's what saves it.

Umm were is the reset button im on region option in setting but all i see is country/region and regional format....could you be a bit more clear?

Melina Lopes

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to burst all yours guys bubbles but I have a red lumia 920...

Settings > Region
If the Country/Region is not US, change it to US. After you change it, a "restart phone" button will show up under the "regional format example"
Settings > Language
have "English (US)" as the first one on the list (click and hold > move up)
Settings > Speech
set the Speech language as English (US)

Then try looking for Cortana in the app list

mo_mo

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Settings > Region
If the Country/Region is not US, change it to US. After you change it, a "restart phone" button will show up under the "regional format example"
Settings > Language
have "English (US)" as the first one on the list (click and hold > move up)
Settings > Speech
set the Speech language as English (US)

Then try looking for Cortana in the app list
Ahahaha thx loads man,the problem was the langauge,I had uk english as the first!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett