Cortana's apps

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Weird thing I noticed today. Just a couple days ago I had four apps listed in Cortana, these were Foursquare, Tumblr, Twabbit and WPCentral. Since then I have installed some apps and got updates to existing ones. Today I checked Cortana's apps to see if any new apps were added. Again there were only four apps in the list but somehow Foursquare and Tumblr were replaced with Audiocloud and Goal.com. This made me wonder if Cortana only supports four apps at a time, I tried to use Foursquare to see if the list is there as a sample you know, like just a showcase for Cortana's capabilities or as an example of things you can do in Cortana. To my surprise "foursquare check-in" did not work, I haven't used Tumblr with Cortana before so I'm not familiar with its commands but I've used foursquare a couple times and its strange that it got replaced as it's the most app command I used with Cortana. Did anyone notice the same thing?

Deerhorne

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if there is limit (I don't see why there would be), but I currently have nine apps listed with Cortana. The strange thing is that WPCentral is not one of the apps even though I have it installed.

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if there is limit (I don't see why there would be), but I currently have nine apps listed with Cortana. The strange thing is that WPCentral is not one of the apps even though I have it installed.

Good to hear you have nine apps in your list which shows it's not limited to four apps.

Well it's still in beta so I guess it'll be fixed in the final release as it seems Cortana is temperamental about apps as I've been trying to get foursquare and tumblr to show again but nothing seems to work

Care to list the apps showing in Cortana on your device?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky