Using Cortana in a call?

lmoritz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone provide some instructions as to how you activate and use Cortana in the middle of a phone call in order to executive a "Push" or "Call" command? In Cortana's listing of available functions it says it can be done but I haven't figured out how to do it.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone provide some instructions as to how you activate and use Cortana in the middle of a phone call in order to executive a "Push" or "Call" command? In Cortana's listing of available functions it says it can be done but I haven't figured out how to do it.

During your call, just tap the Search key to activate Cortana. Once she shows up, hit the MIC button and speak your request... Ex: Call Jane Doe

lmoritz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I tried it, and that worked, but only when I the press the Search key for an extended time to activate Cortana voice.

In any case I think I've got it now.

There might be some ways for them to simplify this further.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Should be the same as with games - just do a double tap of the search key to launch her or do the long press mentioned above to open her up.

I haven't tried it, but I'd assume there is some consistency between behaviors and actions in the OS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett