Cortana told me to leave for work this morning...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I saw the popup this morning telling me I should leave for work now. It showed me a map and how much time in this traffic and it estimated it would take me to get there too. I forgot all about setting that up. I'm impressed about this. Really impressed.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
She did that to me as well. It was really great to see it in action. I was like "what" and then I was like "****, I need to go now."

neall141

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, this happened to me this morning as well. And then I got another reminder at the end of the work day telling me it was time to get moving and when I would get home with traffic.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this happened to me this morning as well. And then I got another reminder at the end of the work day telling me it was time to get moving and when I would get home with traffic.

I was not expecting it. Maybe it takes a bit of time before its ready to prove its worth. I do like this. I'll be flying out this month. I really want to see this in action.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

Nice, this is her main difference amongst other v. assistants. Its amazing to see it. Its such a simple gesture, but unexpected for a phone.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Groovy!
Keep seeing these postings pop up here and there.
Again I really thought Cortana would be something left unused for me.

@Jazmac
I think it's very impressive that you are impressed.
Not joking here.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is learning. She asked me this earlier...

etumu2ys.png

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Groovy!
Keep seeing these postings pop up here and there.
Again I really thought Cortana would be something left unused for me.

@Jazmac
I think it's very impressive that you are impressed.
Not joking here.

I didn't expect I would be impressed by this utility. I was happy to get it but I didn't honestly care if it only told me the weather on command. I think I've been, gulp, assimilated. Bum, bum, Baaaaaaaaaaa. lol.

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I guess I will have to drive in a few times more before she realizes my schedule?

She did remind me to "lock my car" when I got to work. I set that up yesterday testing the geofencing.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Is all of this data stored on Microsoft servers to prepare personalized ads? I think this is more scary than amazing. But then again I might be paranoid.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
This is awesome to read, did you learn her anything else than your work place? Meaning how does she know how you travel to work. Will this work work trains too?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten this yet, but I'm on a flexible work schedule so that's probably why. My M-W-F schedule is different than my T-Th schedule. I wonder if she'll catch onto that eventually?

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't gotten this yet, but I'm on a flexible work schedule so that's probably why. My M-W-F schedule is different than my T-Th schedule. I wonder if she'll catch onto that eventually?

Same here, haven't gotten anything. I work M-F and some Saturday's, I leave for work the same time +/- 30 minutes but my punch out time can vary by a few hours and its 2 shift. Are the people who are getting the reminders on a tight schedule?

Promaker

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey she asked me also the "is this where you work"-question but since the place she pointed out was my school, I thought maybe I shouldn't label it as my workplace (to avoid any confusions, because in the notebook it's called "school"). Now that I see all the opportunities I kind of would like to label it as my workplace, any way to make her ask it again? xD

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This is awesome to read, did you learn her anything else than your work place? Meaning how does she know how you travel to work. Will this work work trains too?

I suspect from the Cortana notebook. Add to your favorites and call it "work" I would guess. How it determined I head in during the day I haven't figured out yet. My guess is it from Waze. It is the what I use for my daily commute right now. I don't have it setup in Here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb