I told Cortana to open video but told me to open a p**n site

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Just wanna share this, actually it's my wife who does it.

We both have a Lumia 1020 (a yellow and a white one). When I saw that the developer preview of 8.1 was already seeing, I was very excited to try it out so I register first. The next day I register my wife's Microsoft account so she can experience it too. My wife is so excited to explore the new features(Cortana was her favorite), then one day she does this command.

My wife told Cortana to:
"Open Video"

Cortana replied:
"Okay, opening p**nhub.com"

My wife was shocked at Cortana's response, but laughed at the end. I hope Cortana has the ability to block those websites.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol so far she doesn't have the ability to block those sites.. I'm not sure if we have any option to stop her from opening certain sites... However this is why MS asks for you age when registering the account :) Those who are younger then 13 do not get Cortana :p

Maurice Alexander

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Lolz, Love Cortana, she's sassy. Anywho, yes, I believe you're able to block, ahem, adult content sites like those, go into Cortana's settings, there should be an option that says edit search (or something similar) inside those options, there's the safe search option, make sure it's on moderate or strict.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol, that was hilarious. I just tried it and it works as expected. Cortana asked me what I want opened: Nokia Video Upload, Nokia Video Trimmer or Video. :)

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
LOL WTH? Sometimes when I tell her "tell me a joke" she says "which contact would you like to text" which is really weird! But she's still in beta...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Aha yea just checked it out :p there is idd an option to restrict the search! Lol mine was set to off :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99