Open web pages with cortana without pinning them to the start screen

Johannes Lehmann

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
After having seen the how-to open web pages with cortana, I had the idea to develop an app that allows you to do that without having to pin them to the start screen. You can find it here: voice web | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The app is still in beta (you can see that the design doesn't look very good), but I'd like to hear your feedback: what do you like? What do you want to be improved? Which features do you wish to be added? And, if you like the app, amke sure to drop a positive review and tell your friends:wink:

Johannes Lehmann

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Does it look like the start animation and the end animation directly after that? I'll try to get some troubleshooting in the app with the next update, should get out in 2 or 3 days...

Johannes Lehmann

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
@Salix1: curently, you can't do that:( But a good idea for the future. I guess it won't take me long to get that and tomorrow afternoon, I've got some free time to do it. If the dev center works fine, the update should get out late tomorrow. And keep the feeback coming, it's the best way improve the app! (If you provide any valuable feedback, I'll give you a "thanks", of course)

Salix1

May 4, 2014
Visit site
The following error occurs:

I enter
"Name of Shortcut" : test forum

url without http:// :
translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=en&u=http://forums.windowscentral.com/cortana/280918-open-web-pages-cortana-without-pinning-them-start-screen.html

then I add shortcut

in the App = Shortcut = ok
a blank Internet page opened in Cortana, "test" is in the address bar

Greetings from Berlin

Salix1

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I think it's my bad pronunciation of American English.

my suggestion:

Cortana must compare the spoken words with the shortcuts in the app

Johannes Lehmann

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
If you want to be sure, you can try to type the command in the app, too and look if it works. If yes, then I can't do a lot (but I worked hard to make it as easy as possible, so spaces for example are removed in the url), If it doesn't work when you type it, too, then I can try to fix the bug.
I'm also very interested in how good this works with people who speak American English as their first language, as I am from Germany, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss