Changing Work Related Info

Liam Power

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I'm thrilled because today there was an accident on my route to work. Cortana woke me up early, alerted me that I need to leave early to take the detour and advised that I leave in ten minutes if I want to be at work by 7:51am! Sweet job Microsoft, that's a great feature in a personal assistant! The only issue is that I get to work at 8:30 every day.

Later in the day I go to a part time job, not home. Cortana still thinks I need traffic alerts at 5:00pm when I should be going home. Instead Ill be going to a different location every day after work. After that I will go home.

So my question: How can I change the time Cortana registers as me getting to work? And how do I teach her that afterwards I go to my second job, not home? Etc Etc?

Ive Tried: talking to her, explaining my schedule in various different ways, looking in the Cortana options page.... Also, the three locations that I utilize are saved as favorites.

This may be the issue: One can only allocate ONE location for home and ONE location for work. Work is assigned to my primary day job. The other location is saved under favorites as simply a name. Perhaps if I could somehow designate this also a WORK location it could work.... I don't know.

Thoughts?

Nate Murphy

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Pretty jealous she's doing that for you. I can't get that feature to work for me yet... I've set home and work in her notebook and even tried setting appointments. No luck yet.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I have yet to get her to start this. She has two times told me the info for getting home. Of course both of those days I went out with co-workers after work. She's ignored me since. Sigh. Wish I could just tell her my work schedule. I blame Congress!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Also I have been using Cortana since the day the update became available.... so 2-3 weeks? So its had time to learn...

But the info in your calender :) With the location and give her some time.. This is not a guaranteed fix, but give it a shot :wink:

Liam Power

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I got to work at 8:30 (a half hour later than the day before) and today it changed from 7:51am to 8:21am.... So its learning...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
A little tip guys :) (From Ashhar Hasan) Try opening the map (Maps, not Here maps) and click on the circle at the bottom to find your location. Then hold your finger on the place where you want the location to be set. A pin should appear and then you can tap on the pin and it will show you the address and other deatils. On the bottom there will be a star. Tap on it to add the location to favourites.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I would assume you add another work place. Name it differently. You can't place it as work, but it will still be in your favorite places. She will recognize its importance. Add your different time of work with Cortana. The beauty with Cortana is that you can tell her to schedule Monday through Friday in one shot. You just need to edit location. I think this may work for you. Her preemptive solutions are based on the time, location on your calendar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos